Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake skinner fee change

Being retired and living on SS and very little extra from a rod building business makes the fee increase pretty hard to swallow. My boat sits in the garage for longer periods of time. I remember the good old days when fishing was free!

How about the fishing and boat launch fees? Can we expect a fleecing for those fees as well? What prompted such a rate hike anyways all of a sudden? . That sure IS a rather large bump up.

When they raise fees, what do you think the reason is WHY they do that??? I'll give you several choices and you pick the one you like best.

A. To cover expenses to keep the lake in pristine condition.

B. Some corrupt official is going to skim the additional money for his own personal use.

C. They will send the additional money back to the state, so there doesn't need to be any additional tax hikes on the general public.

D. To pay for the high speed train.

E. None of the above.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-13-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    When they raise fees, what do you think the reason is WHY they do that??? I'll give you several choices and you pick the one you like best.

A. To cover expenses to keep the lake in pristine condition.

B. Some corrupt official is going to skim the additional money for his own personal use.

C. They will send the additional money back to the state, so there doesn't need to be any additional tax hikes on the general public.

D. To pay for the high speed train.

E. None of the above.
    etucker1959,

I would add one more choice to the above list: F. Because they can get away with it due to the closure of DVL! Supply & Demand always prevails!

Default Fee hike

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    etucker1959,

I would add one more choice to the above list: F. Because they can get away with it due to the closure of DVL! Supply & Demand always prevails!
    I like letter F.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12