Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOADSTOADSONLY Turns Country in Arkansas and joins the 50lb club X 2

Default TOADSTOADSONLY S.W.A.T Turns Country in Arkansas and joins the 50lb club X 2

Imagine casting your 10+" swimbaits into the current 4 cranks into your first cast you feel a THUD, next crank THUMP, next crank WHAM!!!!! Fish ON!! A rat pack of 25-50+ lb stripers are fighting over your bait. Your buddy makes a cast 5 cranks into his cast DOUBLE HOOKUP!!!!!!!

What an amazing trip, ever since Mike Bennett’s post years ago fishing Arkansas chasing monster stripers in Arkansas have been a dream of mine. After seeing a few recent post on FB about the epic fishing that have been going on this past month I could not resist the urge to book a trip with the striper legend Ron Waymak in Hot Springs Arkansas. I sent Gerald Liem last minute invitation to join the trip and he was on board and booking his flight in a moment’s notice.

A few weeks ago the Cali Boys as they call us were putting the hurt on the stripers at Lake Ouachita on the swimbaits. The week prior to our trip the swimbait bite slowed down however Captain Ron Waymack was still sticking the pigs on live Gizzard Shad. Lucky us the stripers decided to cooperate on my trip and were destroying the swimbaits.

We spent 2 ½ days pounding the bank with the plugs and it sure did pay off, Gerald and I knew this trip was not about the number of fish we land. We were sticking to the MOTTO ToadsToadsOnly –Go Big Or Go Home-.
    This is not going to be a long winded report I am going to let the pictures do the talking.

All of our fish were released except 1 52 lb er which I sent to the taxidermist to do a skin mount.

Tackle:
    Okuma Shadow Stocker 8’6’ Swimbait Rod paired with a Lexa 400
    Same Shadow Stocker paired up with a Shimano Tranx
    40lb Trilene Big Game Clear Fishing Line with Suffix 832 65lb backing

This was definitely one of my best fishing trips in my books, this even blows my striper mission to Delaware out of the water.

Until Next Time

Go Big Or Go Home

ToadsToadsOnly

Go Get Em Boys

Follow my FaceBook Hunt For Big Fish (ToadsToadsOnly) https://www.facebook.com/groups/114189495339212/

IG Grindmentality007
    Last edited by ToadsToadsOnly; 11-11-2015 at 05:15 PM.

wowsa! man i guess i need to book an arkansas trip some time!

Legends are made and lifetime dreams right there. Outstanding job indeed. My grandson is in his last semester at the University of Arkansas at Ft. Smith and it looks like I need to make another trip to visit him. He told me last year when I visited I should have brought my fishing gear. Wow was he right about the big fish to catch in Arkansas.

All I can say is WOW!!! Those fish look Healthy!!

Ron W. has got to love the press he's been getting lately. Congratulations on the trip and the fish!

Toads only!

Time to move to Arkansas!

Damn dude, I am not worthy, that is a pig of a fish. My hat is off to you. Nice job man.

do they allow using the live trout there john,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice seeing Gerald,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bob - move to Arkansas... we will follow.

ham

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    wowsa! man i guess i need to book an arkansas trip some time!
    Captain Ron Waymack is your guy if you do ever decide to go out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Legends are made and lifetime dreams right there. Outstanding job indeed. My grandson is in his last semester at the University of Arkansas at Ft. Smith and it looks like I need to make another trip to visit him. He told me last year when I visited I should have brought my fishing gear. Wow was he right about the big fish to catch in Arkansas.
    It was a DREAM trip for me I would of been happy if I caught just one of those pigs, but to get them on all three days it was quite surreal to see these monsters shoot out of structure to hammer your baits. You should definitely get out there and fish this time of year the fish are in the shallows spawning once summer hits they move to the deeper water in the middle of the lakes where the waters cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by M@M View Post
    All I can say is WOW!!! Those fish look Healthy!!
    Arkansas Fishery Management Program does a phenomenal job maintaining their fishery and I have to thank them for catching a fish of a lifetime. California's DFW could learn a lot from their fishery a state that supports fishing and actually put their fishing license money to help the fishery instead of implementing strict rules and regulations against anglers.

Like our fishery they stock trout part of the year and in the warmer months the game fish have huge gizzard shad to eat some of these shad are a few pounds of pure protein. Another great thing about this fishery is the promote striped bass they have a hatchery program similar to our salmon program up north where they artificially spawn stripers and stock them in the lakes yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    Damn dude, I am not worthy, that is a pig of a fish. My hat is off to you. Nice job man.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    do they allow using the live trout there john,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice seeing Gerald,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I do not think they allow live trout Bob however they have huge gizzard shad which makes a great substitution to fishing live trout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast