Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Are there stripers in the irrigation canals in westmorland/etc in the IV?

Default Are there stripers in the irrigation canals in westmorland/etc in the IV?

It's pretty awesome how the IV is full of fishable canals, easily accessible, easy live bait, etc..

But as the title states.. are there stripers in them?

Answer: YES, there are!

Found a spot next to some open desert

edit: not in westmorland, but in brawley.. The east highline canal! there have to be stripers in there, it originates from the all american!

apparently, that's the best spot for flatheads in cali!
    Last edited by smokehound; 05-07-2015 at 03:13 PM.

sir did you just answer your own question. lol

Didn't really have much choice. Nobody felt helping me was necessary. lol It's kinda difficult to find any information on the canals of any use..

Oh well, I know now. And I know some neat spots too.

EDIT: Anyone who fishes the region have any good spots for decent bluegill? I'd like to get some fatties for a shot at a big flathead.

As i seldom get the chance to visit the region, simply finding out myself is NOT an option, because, as I had just mentioned, I dont visit the area enough.

Dont post the spot here, PM it to me. I dont want a spot to buy shiners or goldies, i can do that myself, lol, I want fat gills for fat flatheads.
    Last edited by smokehound; 05-07-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Sorry Smoke, I don't visit this site that much anymore. I would have given you a link for info out in the area. I visit and chat with Bob La Londe on yumabassman.com for current info out there. He pretty much fishes everyday on the river and the canals and has good info. Also there is a member Gary who does a lot of flathead fishing that might steer you in the right direction. I will be going out there for Memorial Day weekend at Picacho.

Give those two a try for info and good luck.
    Last edited by sweetfish; 05-08-2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Spelling