Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: elsinore 5/3

Default elsinore 5/3

Well I wasn't able to hit the surf this weekend but I was able to wet a line at Elsinore. Hit the water about 1:00 pm and to my surprise there were anglers everywhere. Well any way I soaked some mackeral I caught a couple weeks before off balboa pier for some whisker fish for Nada. As the bait was soaking I decided to try my luck for some crappie on a drop shot Berkeley power worm for 1 hit. And I mean big my rod doubled over and the drag peeled off for a couple seconds before the line got cut off on a rock. Wished I was using 6lb test instead of 2. Well after the break off I switched to the old bobber and nightcrawler rig and got a couple more hits and landed some fairly chunky largemouths for their size. So all in all not a bad couple hours on unfamiliar water.

Today's total- 5 hits 1 broke off 1 missed stryke I pulled hook and 2 small largemouths.

ok my phone wouldn't let me upload a pic but here it is. little guy fought good on the 2 lb test

Thanks for the report.