Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mon recon whoes youre shad daddy

Default Mon recon whoes youre shad daddy

I had the day off and I wanted to see what was happening down there ,I had talked to ne of my good fishing pals and he gave me a scoop on what was really up. I hit the water and ran straight to the area , dropped the rigs then about ten minutes into the troll ,boom double hookup. dropped the two into the deadwell and resumed the direction to the hot area . as I rolled along I could see shoreline busting water ,pulled the rigs up and slind in stealth style with the main engine off and the trolling motor running mid speed. I easied up on the shore and tossed me favorite swimbait and blamm it was on. after doin the c and r on about ten schoolies ,I saw something cool shad flying on the shore trying to get away from the stripers. I didn't have my cool shad nets so I had to mcgiver the situation , so it was my landing net had to work or no shad . after a few swings I got several good small loads . I backed off the shore and flyined mr shad and did the c and r on about 10 more. that action slowed ,so I cruised until the graph looked good on some sctructure and I played with the schoolies some more , the only bummer was I had only two spinning outfits on board with 6lb seagaur ,that wasn't good enough for some piggey stripeys that smoked me and my shads. I was at a gunfight with a b/b gun ,more rods next trip .I had a great morning of fun and got some great recon done and a few stripers for the bbq , there calling me right now to pull them off the grill......................T/O..................................

Nice Bob! Hope Skinner starts pumping some shad soon. Reconed the whole lake Friday and not one bait ball anywhere.

I hit some of the big boys today pat , the big ones were 6 inches and really fat................

Nice going Bob. Those shad are so big you could fillet them for lunch.

That look like a bunch of fun Bob, huge shads, especially this early in the season.................Good job!................Dave

WTG T/O...good to hear they're up and crashing the shoreline...

the big shads were 6 inches jim the bass were tearing them in half trying grab them .I wished I had brought my heavier lined rods ,I wont make that mistake again.............

Candy is good!

Nice job on the shad Bob, your way more than halfway there when you have it.

its like cheatin ron............