Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather v. Pacquiao

I recorded the fight in case anyone missed it

Last edited by Mr T-rex; 05-04-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal
    Well color me confused? You say "If I wanted to see an offensive based boxing match I'd watch MMA" then what I'm reading from that is you like a boxing match with good defense, which of course is what Mayweather excels in.

I grew up pretty into boxing T-rex. Like many other I got tired of the BS and to me MMA is a breath of fresh air although I see signs of it going the way of boxing sad to say.

Yea I don't go to many baseball games a year anymore, way too far for me to drive, so when I do go I'd like to see the fireworks go off once or twice. Oh by the way what the hell is wrong with the Angels? And Dodgers suck. That is all.
    I obviously don't watch a boxing match with defense being the primary focus, but much like in baseball when you have two aces going, you can't sit there hitting beach balls and doing the wave expecting 12 runs being scored. If you want that, there are plenty of other non-professional leagues that you can get your offensive fix in. But to think less of baseball because you might go to a game where a pitching match up breaks out is no reason to think Sunday softball leagues are better because they can light up the score board.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I obviously don't watch a boxing match with defense being the primary focus, but much like in baseball when you have two aces going, you can't sit there hitting beach balls and doing the wave expecting 12 runs being scored. If you want that, there are plenty of other non-professional leagues that you can get your offensive fix in. But to think less of baseball because you might go to a game where a pitching match up breaks out is no reason to think Sunday softball leagues are better because they can light up the score board.
    DS I seemed to be in a confused state yesterday, no it wasn't due to any intoxication so I have to chalk it up to age related brain burps. I thought your response was from T-rex so that's why I was confused about what I thought his comments on MMA vs boxing were. My take on pitching duel vs. batting has much more to do with the fact I only get to see a couple games a year in person (long drive from the high desert) and if I go I'm normally in the outfield bleachers, love hanging out in the sun with the rest of the beer drinkers. So since I'm a ways away from the plate it's more fun to see a few blasts come my way. Use to get tickets behind home plate when I lived in the OC but those tickets these days would kill my fishing budget for the year.

Only thing I won't take back is my Dodgers comment, lol. I will admit to coming back to the blue side of things a little more the last couple years, grew up a blue boy, ownership change has me a little more receptive to coming back. I really didn't like what was going on with the Dodgers for several years feel the same way about the Lakers, fair weather fan I guess.

Sorry about the confusion, I tried to delete my response as soon as I figured out I was an idiot.

Back to the fight. Pacquiano is in a bit of hot water re: the shoulder injury that was not disclosed yet he got an injection for it which the drug testers were aware of. Think fans should be more pissed at him than the woman beater Mayweather. Sounds like he had a significant injury. Hell I'd be pissed also if I'd put any money down on him, certainly if fans were aware of it the money changing hands would not be as great and might have affected pay per view ticket also.

Should be suspended. They say he could also be fined, like that will have any impact after the jackpot they just hit. Yea Pacquiano is the good guy, right.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Back to the fight. Pacquiano is in a bit of hot water re: the shoulder injury that was not disclosed yet he got an injection for it which the drug testers were aware of. Think fans should be more pissed at him than the woman beater Mayweather. Sounds like he had a significant injury. Hell I'd be pissed also if I'd put any money down on him, certainly if fans were aware of it the money changing hands would not be as great and might have affected pay per view ticket also.

Should be suspended. They say he could also be fined, like that will have any impact after the jackpot they just hit. Yea Pacquiano is the good guy, right.
    I'm hearing so many random things. First, Pacman's team asked for the cortizone shot days before the fight and was denied by the boxing commission. Then I hear he tore his rotator cuff outright during the fight. (Having suffered from a partially torn rotator cuff thanks to baseball, I can only imagine how difficult it was to actually fight). Then I hear he could get fined, he could get sued.

It's like Days of our Lives here.

In any case, that's why you always hedge your bet. I spent $100 to make $200. Not quite Mayweather figures, but at least I know how to read. :-D

(He's gonna be pissed when they read this to him)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    I recorded the fight in case anyone missed it

Well done, T-rex, well done.

How about who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    How about who cares?
    then get off this topic if you dont care :)

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_freak View Post
    As long as i get 200 bucks for my initial 100 dollar investment on the rematch, then I'm all in.

No sense dropping $100 to lose $100.

That's like betting on the Dodgers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast