Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moonlighting part 2 5-2 DHP jetty

Default Moonlighting part 2 5-2 DHP jetty

Well who knows why the jetty was closed Friday but open Sat anyway met up with Homefish about an hour before sunset and gave him the rundown on the evenings tactics(classified). headed out to light wind and moderate swells and had a bite on my first cast, couldn't get it to stick though, thought it was going to be another epic night. No, I only caught 2 fish in the 4 hours we were out there. Homefish caught 3 between 8-12in. Not bad for a first timer but mine were bigger. Had to head in a little earlier than we wanted to when harbor patrol drove by and told us they were going to close the jetty and we needed to leave. It was about time to go anyway but I just didn't feel like I had closure, you know the last half-hour of one more casts. BTW my 2 calicos pictured below.

wait

for

it

BAM

First was 18" second went 22", a half inch shy of my PB

another look.

And yes I am going to eat them, haven't kept/had calico since last summer.

Nice toads!

Nice pose too...The one on the right looks like it is half your body length

You kinda look like the brother of a guy I know named Dan.

LoL !!!!! Nice job !

That kinda hurts to see, luckily not a lot of people fish those parts

I do understand your pain, I was glad to see the reg change a couple years ago and I believe the calico fishery is going to steadily improve over the next few years for it. If they were spotties or LMB I wouldn't even consider keeping them. Total I have kept in the last 12 months is 5 if that makes you feel any better.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    I do understand your pain, I was glad to see the reg change a couple years ago and I believe the calico fishery is going to steadily improve over the next few years for it. If they were spotties or LMB I wouldn't even consider keeping them. Total I have kept in the last 12 months is 5 if that makes you feel any better.
    IMO- a skilled avid angler deserves some fish tacos once in a while. For me taking a hard earned catch is part of the expirance. Of course being thoughtful of breeder stock and spawning times is crucial to maintain the fishery.
    Nice fish- well done!
    JustEYE.

Hey, what's up Mountain Goat, I mean Twin22s.
    Thanks 4 the invite & great night. Man, we must been in a time warp or something, I couldn't believe it was almost 1:00am by the time we got back to the park'n lot! I guess it was a good thing Harbor Patrol kick'd us out or we may have stay'd way too late.
    Thanks again man, I had a great time!

nice toads!!!
    good eats right there....
    question- were you on a boat?
    any who, thanks for sharing!!

alex.

We were not in a boat. You'll have to come with me if you want to learn all the tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    We were not in a boat. You'll have to come with me if you want to learn all the tricks.
    I'm all in, I want to learn. I've bought all these reels and all this braid thinking, one day I'll hit the break wall or any wall in search of calicos...haven't don't it yet.
    if you teach me, I'll pay for beer or dinner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast