Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So i want to go to the Delta...

Tiki is a sweet spot.

Def Russo,hit up the hook line and sinker shop there for real info on the fishing.Bring the big line 14-17 lb test,fish big senkos,bring 60 lb braid for a frog,black with yellow nose frog is the ticket.Chartruse and white spinnerbaits,dark red speed traps in the fall work well run them parallel to the rip rap and run them into the rocks and bounce them off for a reaction strike.Flip or drag big jigs with dark craw trailers for sure .The Delta is the king of big baits get big fish!!!Log onto Ultimatebassradio.com a few weeks prior to get the heads up on whats working.I lived on that water and cut my teeth on those Fish!!!The Elite series is on the Delta this weekend check Bassmaster .com for some eye candy from the last two days!!Watch the tides, spots you can fly thru at high tide will have sand bars at low tide (no buoy markers)be careful .All the normal line side baits will work.Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    You can launch and store your boat and trailer at Russo's in dry storage or in the covered dock with power to charge your batteries as I do.
    Nice! That looks like a sweet gig! I'm definetly interested in some wet storage, makes life much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    The delta is by far my favorite place to go,,,,,please do N O T! go there without a months notice to yours truly TRAIL BLAZER lol .

Im already looking forward to a trip this fall myself looking for some salmon/stripers and even some sturgeon action,,.

Nothing like coffee in your own cabin Then slayage then lunch at one of many on the water restaurants then more slayage then firing up the grill on the front porch of the cabin and relaxing on the delta!

Keep us posted Z

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanks for the info, TB! I'm looking at possibly heading up sometime in november, I'll keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

The Delta is vast and overwhelming. It would be ideal to hire a guide on day one to find the regions and methods the bite is doing Then spend 3-4 days whacking fish
    That's definetly a good idea....cept I'm kinda cheap and like exploring and trying to figure things out on my own, lol. Unless we are talking about the coveted bako boy guide service...then I may be inclined to do business

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Def Russo,hit up the hook line and sinker shop there for real info on the fishing.Bring the big line 14-17 lb test,fish big senkos,bring 60 lb braid for a frog,black with yellow nose frog is the ticket.Chartruse and white spinnerbaits,dark red speed traps in the fall work well run them parallel to the rip rap and run them into the rocks and bounce them off for a reaction strike.Flip or drag big jigs with dark craw trailers for sure .The Delta is the king of big baits get big fish!!!Log onto Ultimatebassradio.com a few weeks prior to get the heads up on whats working.I lived on that water and cut my teeth on those Fish!!!The Elite series is on the Delta this weekend check Bassmaster .com for some eye candy from the last two days!!Watch the tides, spots you can fly thru at high tide will have sand bars at low tide (no buoy markers)be careful .All the normal line side baits will work.Cheers!!!
    That sounds like a dream come true for me...seems like it's tough to get bit down here unless you're dropshotting a dinky finesse bait, lol. the tide thing still has me puzzled...last thing I wanna do is cruise over a sandbar that wasn't there when I flew through hours before...is there a general rule of thumb when it comes to navigating that place? Like knowing which areas to avoid when tide gets low? I'm wondering how many feet difference from an average high to low tide cycle...

Zipperworm buy this map even if you have GPS on your boat. It will give you a great overview of the Delta and allow you to plan before you get there. I don't know what electronics you have on your boat or if you have GPS. All of my trips/routes/trails are stored in my unit from the last two years trips. If your unit will talk to mine and if I could down load the points you are welcome to them. I just don't know if I can download as I have never done it before. If you get the map I can walk you through some of the areas I have fished and warn you of some hazard areas.

The delta is not that deep in most places so the tide can have big impact in those spots.For the most park the main channels will be fine stay in the middle when on the gas.The tides can fluctuate about 3-4 feet on some days less on others just depends on what the ocean is doing.Get a delta map their is the old one and a newer one both will show shallow area.You can get a tide book at most bait shops too.Delta boating .com has an online tide chart as well.I always liked incoming tide but draining low can work as well ,fish em all.Ya I hear you, the place was a dream for me.I lived on a back slough of the San Joaquin river where it goes under the 5 fwy back past the next bridge in a rv park that was surrounded by water,i had my own dock with a 14 ft jon.The water right in front of me was all mine most outside boats didn't even know or care about that water and most of the locals had docks with old boats parked on em that never left LOL I came back to so cal to take care of Family and did not even fish for the 1st two yrs I was back.Went to pud a few times and just got pissed off,The fishing for pigs was so easy up there I thought I was Pro! LOL Now the guy who owns the boat We fish out of here shows me the whole 3 inch worm shaky thing and I just hate it!!!Last year on a Sat during a tournament on DVL when My fav Delta colored Speed traps started to produce I just went nuts!!!!!We were ziggin in and out of those tourney boats just pullin em in!LOL Classisc!!!The whole place looks fishy it can seem overwhelming.Randy Pringle quide service is the tide guru guide up there!!! Nor Cal the land of Cold water, Warm Women ,and Big Fish!!!

Watch out for the Yacht and ship wakes, and watch out for other boaters haulin *** over those wakes if you're fishing in the channels. They can lose control quickly and come right at ya real quick as we found out. All three of us were ready to bail into the water. The Delta is definitely somewhere you want to stay keyed in on your surroundings at all times...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 05-03-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Watch out for the Yacht and ship wakes, and watch out for other boaters haulin *** over those wakes if you're fishing in the channels. They can lose control quickly and come right at ya real quick as we found out. All three of us were ready to bail into the water. The Delta is definitely somewhere you want to stay keyed in on your surroundings at all times...
    I remember that too well, the only decision to make was what side of the damn boat was I gonna bail out on. How many laundry cycles did it take to get the brown spots out of your whitey tighty's???? lol

ALSO Heres a site that I use that has most of the marinas and there web sites and locations on it.

http://deltaboating.com/marinas.htm

T/B

I remember that too well, the only decision to make was what side of the damn boat was I gonna bail out on. How many laundry cycles did it take to get the brown spots out of your whitey tighty's???? lol
    Lol, took awhile for the air to clear around the boat for sure. The way the boat coming at us was swapping side to side, couldn't tell which side he was gonna hit. I'm still amazed he pulled that off...

Zipperworm buy this map even if you have GPS on your boat. It will give you a great overview of the Delta and allow you to plan before you get there. I don't know what electronics you have on your boat or if you have GPS. All of my trips/routes/trails are stored in my unit from the last two years trips. If your unit will talk to mine and if I could down load the points you are welcome to them. I just don't know if I can download as I have never done it before. If you get the map I can walk you through some of the areas I have fished and warn you of some hazard areas.
    oh wow, i havent seen one of those in years, my dad used to have a bunch for all the local lakes and the colorado river. My electronics are a bit outdated....trying to get my hands on a new HDS-8 if i can swing it soon. Thats very generous of you, i may take you up on that offer when the time comes, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    The delta is not that deep in most places so the tide can have big impact in those spots.For the most park the main channels will be fine stay in the middle when on the gas.The tides can fluctuate about 3-4 feet on some days less on others just depends on what the ocean is doing.Get a delta map their is the old one and a newer one both will show shallow area.You can get a tide book at most bait shops too.Delta boating .com has an online tide chart as well.I always liked incoming tide but draining low can work as well ,fish em all.Ya I hear you, the place was a dream for me.I lived on a back slough of the San Joaquin river where it goes under the 5 fwy back past the next bridge in a rv park that was surrounded by water,i had my own dock with a 14 ft jon.The water right in front of me was all mine most outside boats didn't even know or care about that water and most of the locals had docks with old boats parked on em that never left LOL I came back to so cal to take care of Family and did not even fish for the 1st two yrs I was back.Went to pud a few times and just got pissed off,The fishing for pigs was so easy up there I thought I was Pro! LOL Now the guy who owns the boat We fish out of here shows me the whole 3 inch worm shaky thing and I just hate it!!!Last year on a Sat during a tournament on DVL when My fav Delta colored Speed traps started to produce I just went nuts!!!!!We were ziggin in and out of those tourney boats just pullin em in!LOL Classisc!!!The whole place looks fishy it can seem overwhelming.Randy Pringle quide service is the tide guru guide up there!!! Nor Cal the land of Cold water, Warm Women ,and Big Fish!!!
    I've never been farther north than Yosemite east of the sierras and fresno to the west....so im excited to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    good lord! i didn't even think of those giants ships that roll through there

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    ALSO Heres a site that I use that has most of the marinas and there web sites and locations on it.

http://deltaboating.com/marinas.htm

T/B
    that site appears to have a wealth of info on it, thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast