Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So i want to go to the Delta...

Default So i want to go to the Delta...

Like many other anglers out there that have had dreams of fishing the delta, i want to make it a reality. Im sure this has been asked before, but seeing as the delta is thousands of miles of waterways...its pretty intimidating on where one should start for their very first trip. I'm looking for a good place up there to stay for a few days that's pleasant and reasonably priced. I've been doing some research of my own and it seems there's a lot of places with horrible reviews...so im welcoming any advice i can get from here? My dad stayed at this place called Sugar Barge a few years ago on Bethel Island he said was nice, was thinking about trying that unless there might be a more appealing option? Any input would be great. Was thinking about heading up in the fall and targeting LMB and stripers
    Last edited by ZipperWurm; 05-02-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Stayed at Russo's Marina in a fishing partners motor home two years ago. Russo's also has a motor home on site for rent if not booked during your dates. Sugar barge is close by to Russo's. Stayed at Comfort Suite in Oakley last year for 5 days for a tournament but is 20 minutes from Russo's. http://www.russosmarina.com/

You can launch and store your boat and trailer at Russo's in dry storage or in the covered dock with power to charge your batteries as I do.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 05-02-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Myself and a couple other members from the forum have also been talking about a delta trip.

Devore what was the daily rate for wet docking? I don't think I came across that on their website.

Im up to2 trips a year now to the delta,,,,,

Heres my fav spot

http://www.bandwresort.net/General_Store.html

The boat can be park,d in its uncoverd slip 50 feet from the cabins in plain view ,,NOT sure if there is charging hookups though

The cabins are clean and fully stock,d .

Then there,s TIKI
    http://www.bandwresort.net/General_Store.html

and TURNER CUT,,

http://turnercutresort.com/Cabins.html
    Who although they do NOT advertise that they have cabins THEY DO Floating cabin that is coverd and just 2 steps from the boat to the front door

Then theres this place that I HAVE NOT stayd at BUT I have heard good things abought

http://www.newlifemarina.com/

The delta is by far my favorite place to go,,,,,please do N O T! go there without a months notice to yours truly TRAIL BLAZER lol .

Im already looking forward to a trip this fall myself looking for some salmon/stripers and even some sturgeon action,,.

Nothing like coffee in your own cabin Then slayage then lunch at one of many on the water restaurants then more slayage then firing up the grill on the front porch of the cabin and relaxing on the delta!

Keep us posted Z

TRAIL BLAZER

I will also add this The most that iv ever spent for one night in a cabin with boat mooring and trl parking THE WHOLE WORKS has been around 125$ ,, Less then I would have spent loading the boat and going to a hotel AND a whole lot less work JMO!

mY last trip in mid march I spent 2 nights at B and W resort in a cabin with the boat in a slip for around 225$

As far as im concerned THAT IS A STEAL!

Il be back there this fall and cant wait!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 05-03-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    Myself and a couple other members from the forum have also been talking about a delta trip.

Devore what was the daily rate for wet docking? I don't think I came across that on their website.
    The last two years the covered dock was $20 per day and includes gated storage of your trailer. The launch fee is $10 so for only $10 more each day you save the hassle of launching and retrieving every day and finding a spot to charge your batteries.

Even with a map of the Delta I would not go without GPS on your boat. Thousands of miles of area to cover and it is like a maze and easy to get lost. This is what a typical day on the water for a tournament looks like. Big motor running 3 hours 5 minutes, 148 miles run, average speed 47.9 mph, top speed 78.4 mph, 48 gal of fuel used, runnin' and gunnin' lookin' for the biguns..

WOW DEVO 1st I was slobbering just thinking abought a trip to the delta then you post a pic of a 12hds Im slobbering again!

SHOW OFF lol

TRAIL BLAZER

It's not my HDS 12 it's a pic of my friends at the delta. I have the HDS 5 in the cockpit and the Elite 7 on the bow, looking to upgrade though but not to a 12. I don't care to sleep on the couch and the dog won't share his hootch if my wife found out what those cost. My friend has 2 HDS 12's. I am looking at the Bluetooth accessory to link my HDS 5 to my notepad and then I could have a 10" display for only around $200 plus a mount for it. Electronics are getting crazy and serious money.

I HEAR YA. ELITE 5 ON MINE CAUST IM A CHEEPSCATE And have a WIFE also LOL

I've stayed at B &W several time and like it. I also have camped at bethel Island and saved lots of money. I camped over at Antioch once but didn't like it.

If I was going solo I would camp at bethel Island and launch over at Russos.

B and W is nice because your near hog , beaver, disappointment and white slough. Head south and you've got Frank's tract and tons of water in between.

Your call!

The Delta is vast and overwhelming. It would be ideal to hire a guide on day one to find the regions and methods the bite is doing Then spend 3-4 days whacking fish
    Last edited by cutbait; 05-02-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast