Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/29/15 DVL Bass and Crankin' Cats

Default 4/29/15 DVL Bass and Crankin' Cats

Fished the afternoon yesterday. Wind out of the W and NW. Water temp was 65 to low 70s. There is a good reaction bite right now. The water clarity in many places is kaput. The algae blume is just beginning and the water is pea soup. In my opinion perfect. Clarity bad which is good but algae is not so nasty that it builds up on your rods. Caught some skinny post spawners and some decent quality DVL footballs.
    Also caught over 30 pounds in channel cats in three fish. If you stopped your square bill grind you had a chance of getting smoked by a 10 plus. Caught them on three different patterns.

Weird though, in a very good windy cove I fished about 300 yards with several types of reaction bites for nada. So the fish are in specific areas with a purpose.....not wide open windy bass everywhere by any means.
    No buggy whip needed today. I could of managed all day with just two rods.

Last edited by Stinkbait; 04-30-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Great Pictures! I have never had a good reaction bait bite at DVL...Looks like a lot of fun! I guess I just gave up throwing them out there.

Thanks for the post. I am sure I will have to rent a boat there sooner or later and check it out now that they are not getting hammered every day!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 05-01-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Gahh, rubbin' it in, lol. Good job dude! DVL kitties love those reaction baits. I've stuck a few on blades and cranks myself. It figures that once the ramp closed the water would finally stain up. Was waiting for that to happen. Ah well, Bill and I are going to do the deluxe bass boat excursion pretty soon.

Thanks for the report...

this is tough to read! I miss er.....

and I cant come to terms with paying 130-150 bucks for those death traps they call rental boats that don't work more then they work!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    this is tough to read! I miss er.....

and I cant come to terms with paying 130-150 bucks for those death traps they call rental boats that don't work more then they work!
    IF i lived closer I'd offer to split it with someone, but Skinner and silverwood have always been more fun for me anyway.

I had a fat cat that size hit a white spinner bait in a night tournament there last summer....broke my heart.

Everybody:
    Deals to be had. 1/2 price Wednesday's. Also, the coupon on the site though past date is still accepted for 25% off.
    http://dvmarina.com/Documents/25_percent_coupon.pdf

As Matt said in another post, 7 rentals gets you a free one.

Those cats are mean! Was worried about getting a 4" pect or dorsal spine through my calve. No net. Must have been fun to watch me. On and off the main motor to stay of the rocks with wind gusts doing the Mexican hat dance in the boat trying not to get stuck.

BTW, the rumor that the slabs are poured and ready behind the shop for the ramp extension are FALSE.
    Those slabs were from the original/first launch ramp that was built incorrectly.....a mistake.
    Shop manager, through out Dec. for ramp addition completion. The ramp is going to be built from the bottom up.

All the courtesy docks are removed, with pilings marked with PVC extensions for their future use.

Yah, seeing this report is a like a kick in the gut. Those cats are fun and reaction bass..................great.

Sweet!!!!Gonna have to get my hiking boots on!!Missed that reaction bite by a few weeks with the boat, dang!!Fat cats on cranks, too much fun!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast