Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick two hour session Legg Lake

Nice bass and lunch Tuna Vic. I have fond memories of riding bikes to Legg Lake to fish in the 70s and 80s (frost on the beanie, great trout, bass, crappie).
    I remember fishing trout at Legg lake in 1979 with my now-wife. We were sitting on the bank and thinking let's go to Ensenada and fish Todos Santos for yellows. And off we went that day. Those were the times.

Thanks AndyJ,I too have great memories at Legg Lake and continue to make them,started fishing there a little earlier than the 70s,used to fish close to there at a place called streamland park on the Pico Rivera side, as I mentioned earlier some times there were better than others but I never stopped going as many have, I wish they'd come back and check it out now,good times to be had!
    Cya Tuna Vic

Nice chunk Vic

Hey Vic,
    I havent been able to hit the surf lately so I've been going to Legg Lake alot.
    Since I'm not expert at the freshwater game, its been a learning process but I'm steadily learning the basics.
    I've hit legg lake about 20 times, with about each session lasting 2-3 hours. I've used Senkos, mostly in Green Pumpkin & Junebug colors, Texas rigged and Wacky rigged with mediocre success. Switched to Ika's, jigs, frogs and chatterbaits for a bit and same result. I cant seem to dial the lake in. I've heard that theres big fish there but you have to fish it often in order to get anything decent. What am I doing wrong? LOL

W
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Hey Vic,
    I havent been able to hit the surf lately so I've been going to Legg Lake alot.
    Since I'm not expert at the freshwater game, its been a learning process but I'm steadily learning the basics.
    I've hit legg lake about 20 times, with about each session lasting 2-3 hours. I've used Senkos, mostly in Green Pumpkin & Junebug colors, Texas rigged and Wacky rigged with mediocre success. Switched to Ika's, jigs, frogs and chatterbaits for a bit and same result. I cant seem to dial the lake in. I've heard that theres big fish there but you have to fish it often in
    order to get anything decent. What am I doing wrong? LOL
    Yeah those lakes can be tuff,I pmed you one tip that will help for sure.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Nice chunk Vic
    Thanks Mark,nice to hear from you,hope all is well.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Hey Vic,

I appreciate the quick response and would gladly soak in any advice that can be given.
    I checked my PM and dont have anything from you, do you mind sending me the valuable information once again please? :D
    Thanks again for the help!

hey guys new here on the forums and new to freshwater fishing, ive been trying legg lake since its local to me. Ive been using crankbaits and softbaits with no success, havent had the chance to use live bait but was hoping someone here could provide some useful info. any advice or tips would be much appreciated. thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by aj90b View Post
    hey guys new here on the forums and new to freshwater fishing, ive been trying legg lake since its local to me. Ive been using crankbaits and softbaits with no success, havent had the chance to use live bait but was hoping someone here could provide some useful info. any advice or tips would be much appreciated. thanks guys
    Not an expert on lake but like most lakes i don't fish alot...i go safe..dropshot senkos,robos,and even trout worms..have had mild success but i'll take it on that lake

Quote Originally Posted by aj90b View Post
    Yeah those lakes can be tuff,I usually throw plastics,worms,grubs,senkos,ect..for me the larger worms do the best,as far as advice,I would say,go often,don't waist to much time in one spot,move around and fan cast each spot you stop.
    If you go often,you'll start to recognize the regulars and ask them what they've been getting bit on,most regs there are pretty cool,some are a little tight lipped,but that's the minority.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast