Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick two hour session Legg Lake

Hey guys I really appreciate the advice, I been having better success on the lake and managed to catch a 5 pound bass, but my buddy managed to hook into something much bigger, we didn't get to see what it was though because it snapped our 15 pound test, in guessing at catfish? But maybe next time we will reel it in

Quote Originally Posted by aj90b View Post
    Hey guys I really appreciate the advice, I been having better success on the lake and managed to catch a 5 pound bass, but my buddy managed to hook into something much bigger, we didn't get to see what it was though because it snapped our 15 pound test, in guessing at catfish? But maybe next time we will reel it in
    My guess would be a carp,I caught a 25lb carp in the middle lake on a "ika" on 10lb test,thought I had hooked my pb lmb,alas it was not to be,although it was my largest F/W fish.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Something to think about: I saw something huge swimming in the shallows the other day. Completely white fish, about 2ft in length. It wasnt a Bass, or a catfish, the only thing I can assume it was is a Carp. BUT, I've seen carp before and never have I seen one that looked this pure white. I might sound stupid and absolute insane but after careful thought, it looked exactly like a Koi fish. Yes, a koi fish. THAT WHITE. It was definitely something to see.

Hey fellas, gonna drop by tomorrow to get in some practice. Gonna try a roboworm on a drop shot. Got some storm shads too to see if I can get a bite.

Any last minute advice? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Something to think about: I saw something huge swimming in the shallows the other day. Completely white fish, about 2ft in length. It wasnt a Bass, or a catfish, the only thing I can assume it was is a Carp. BUT, I've seen carp before and never have I seen one that looked this pure white. I might sound stupid and absolute insane but after careful thought, it looked exactly like a Koi fish. Yes, a koi fish. THAT WHITE. It was definitely something to see.
    Yup,actually I've seen a few Carp/Koi in those lakes,mostly orange and white,but it doesn't surprise me you saw a pure white one,very cool!
    Cya Tuna Vic

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Yup,actually I've seen a few Carp/Koi in those lakes,mostly orange and white,but it doesn't surprise me you saw a pure white one,very cool!
    Cya Tuna Vic
    I was there yesterday and I saw a large white koi in front of the drain by rosemead blvd on the middle lake, but not as big as the one described here . on sunday i also think i saw one in the south lake.

I only got one bite yesterday, but on sunday night i saw one man get an 18-inch bass and a channel catfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    I was there yesterday and I saw a large white koi in front of the drain by rosemead blvd on the middle lake, but not as big as the one described here . on sunday i also think i saw one in the south lake.

I only got one bite yesterday, but on sunday night i saw one man get an 18-inch bass and a channel catfish.
    I talked to a guy last week,said he got two on senkos which makes sense with all the moss,if you walk out on the pier/dock in the south lake you can see the weed line pretty well,it looks pretty cool.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Oh snap Tuna Vic, I think I saw you the other day, you were with another guy fishing for catfish and you give me some great advice on Tube Bait
    Was that you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123