Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick two hour session Legg Lake

Default Quick two hour session Legg Lake

Went to Legg Lake today,got there at 10.00am fished till 12:00 and then headed for some spicy tuna lunch,couple of LMBs,one decent, lake was empty of fisherman nice couple of hours.
    Fish came on a 7" worm,8lb flouro.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	46168   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	675 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	46169   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	482 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	46170  

Looks like you had a good day, that's a nice looking lunch too. I haven't fished Legg Lake for a long long time. My dad would take me there in the early 60s.

That's how you do it right there! Quick sesh, quick bites, and quick lunch. Nice job TUNAVIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    That's how you do it right there! Quick sesh, quick bites, and quick lunch. Nice job TUNAVIC!
    Thanks,Ifishtoolittle.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Looks like you had a good day, that's a nice looking lunch too. I haven't fished Legg Lake for a long long time. My dad would take me there in the early 60s.
    Hey old pudd fisher,I too fished Legg Lake as a kid,then it got kinda sketchie for a while,but all is good now,great place to scratch that fishing jones quickly,9mins from my home.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Sketchie? You've got me interested now TUNAVIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Sketchie? You've got me interested now TUNAVIC.
    Ha,only the fact that back a few years ago it was a hangout for the unscrupulous,and for awhile I would tell friends I'm going to fish Legg lake and they say "What?" You better watch your back!
    And to be honest I would fish looking over my shoulder quite often,but things have really changed for the better,I think one of the main reasons is it's become one of the headquarters for a community service locals,ie DUIs ect..so the police who monitor those guys are always there watching them pick up trash and just keeping the parks clean,it's now a much more family friendly place,plus it's free parking and entry to all 3 lakes weekdays,for now.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Nice good job Cant go wrong with landing some largys and grabbing a spicy tuna roll right after
    Two of my favorite things sushi and fishing

Default legg Bass

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Went to Legg Lake today,got there at 10.00am fished till 12:00 and then headed for some spicy tuna lunch,couple of LMBs,one decent, lake was empty of fisherman nice couple of hours.
    Fish came on a 7" worm,8lb flouro

Cya Tuna Vic
    Hey Tunavic, you should try legg bass sashimi on your next outing. Lol

Cut my teeth fishing Legg Lakes as a kid. My buddies and I would ride our bikes from our homes in El Monte in the early 70's. We never encountered "scrupulous" behavior during any of our outings. Our ages were 12-15 yrs during these times and our parents had no concerns about our safety. Graduated El Monte High School and lived with my parents until I was in my early twenties, when I eventually moved out, found a great job, got married, and had two wonderful kids. When I mention to people I grew up in El Monte, most would sneer and say......."El Monte????" Yes, there were times when gangs ran around but El Monte has always received a bad rap. Some people used to joke and say there were more dead bodies in those lakes than fish. Well, I'm here to defend this city and say Legg Lakes was and will always be good to me.

BTW - Just inherited my parents home in El Monte after the passing of these two wonderful people. The home was built in 1950 and until last year when my mom passed of Alzheimer's, they lived in this humble abode. Never a problem, nice residence and good neighborhood. I for one will enjoy my second home and hopefully get out to my 'ol stompin ground, do a little fishing, or even take the grand kids and show them where grandpa learned how to fish, after all, I'm only a bicycle ride away.

Big Al.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast