Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure luck session... and sending our condolences to the Commander.

Default Bass

That,s a nice one !!!!

Pm sent to you Arthur, and may HIS Peace and Comfort be with your Family.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hey .. hey .. hey! Brotha Don! .....

9:00 PM and I can finally set down at my desk and enjoy a good fish report!

That was pure skill and patience that landed that trophy Calico Sir!
    You had me right there with you ... every step of the way! Great job landing your monstrous Calico!

You definitely deserved a hall pass for as hard as you've been working lately!

It was nice to read another one of your "on the edge of my seat" reports!

SP Dan <"))><
    Thanks Danimal! That fish had me dead to rights. Experience helped but can't deny there was a WHOLE lot of luck on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Don

I'd say it was actually "pure" Don. Your report is classic Don - a great story with drama and suspense and a great ending!!!

I miss your reports and I miss hitting the sand with ya too

Hope to see ya soon,

Nick
    Thanks Nick! Looking forward to getting out there with you and the girls real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Nice write up Mr Don.... I know how you roll because we have the same style when it comes to the mine field and LCs. You know as well as I do that a lot of nice checkers and other species are in those sketchy areas and it is simply a roll of the dice and a HIGH STICK with a SLOW ROLL hoping for that attack...LOL
    I don't know about you but I pretty much hold my breath when I make one of those casts but a lot of the time it pays off in a big sorta way.
    Your beautiful chunk is sure testimony to your willingness to take a chance with a 20 dollar bait!

Good job sir!

Looking forward to a northern trip with you and Arthur real soon. Our brother needs some serious healing time on the sand with a few close friends. Trust me when I say that I've shed quite a few tears while facing Poseidon with my feet on the sand. The waves and salt air have a way of healing the soul.
    Sorry for your loss my dear friend Arthur.

----------<><
    Like we always say when looking at the structure…first we worry about getting bit, then we'll worry about how the heck we're gonna get it out of there! Looking forward to our outing. Up for a LONG hike?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Nice, nice Checker Don! Great read too.
    Thanks Bryan! Been wondering if I was gonna get a shot at a 20" this year with all the strange/slow fishing conditions this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Beautiful Calico Don. Your persistence, not luck, that got you the prize.
    Thanks Binh! Persistence, yes, but definitely a lot of luck thrown into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Homefish View Post
    Howdy Bachi! Thanks 4 the report, felt like I was there w/you! That's 1 BEAUTIFUL CAlICO! Love the color in the lower jaw!
    Thanks Jim! Looking forward to your pending checker salvage report. It's coming…real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post

Brother Don,

What a beautiful checker and you even have a tape measure next to it! Great job my friend and I hope we can fish side by side targeting these bad boys real soon!

Thanks again brother, I freaking love that LC!

Kelly
    Thanks Kelly! Looking forward to that checker hunt. May want to invest in a few of those LCs. Backups somehow always become a necessity when fishing the minefields.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Don,

Beautiful checker bro
    Way to be patient, that's something I definitely have to work at. I wouldnt have played it so smoothly
    Thanks Frank! Glad the patience paid off this time…doesn't always work but definitely worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by fishshep View Post
    That,s a nice one !!!!
    Thanks Daniel! Not quite the quantity you've been racking up lately, but it more than made up for that in quality.

​Great report Don and that is one very nice fish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12