Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: North California Vacation - LURE FISHING

Default North California Vacation - LURE FISHING

Hi

On the advice given by a reply to a thread in the SoCal section, I've been advised to post a thread within this section too...

I am visiting California on vacation in May and I was hoping that I might get some advice about lure fishing from beaches, rocks and piers??

Here in the UK I target European Sea Bass on all sorts of lures and spinners and I plan to bring my telescopic rod with me when I visit. I am doing the Pacific Highway drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles, stopping at motels in Monterey, Carmel and Santa Barbara on the way.

I was going to look for the nearest rocky ground near to where I am staying and have a few casts for the hell of it, but if I could get some pointers it might be worth a bit of a drive to make the effort a bit more worthwhile.

Here in the UK, fishermen are very guarded about there fishing places so I wont be offended if this post comes across as a bit forward. But any kind of rough guidance would be appreciated.

I don't know what species I would be targetting, but any predetary fish that would take a lure (especially off the top which is so spectacular) would be my aim.

I've included a couple of photos from the last year's album so give you an idea of what I'm hoping for.

Thanks - Will - Manchester (UK)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WB1.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	46155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WB2.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	46156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WB3.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	46157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WB4.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	46158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WB5.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	46159  

Just to prime you up.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y+surf+fishing

You should also take the wife and visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium.... Very nice way to spend a few hours.
    Last edited by bones; 04-28-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Just to prime you up.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y+surf+fishing

You should also take the wife and visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium.... Very nice way to spend a few hours.
    Hello again bones, Yes we have already planned to visit the aquarium. I'll leave the lures back at the motel on that occasion!!

what are those fish?