Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 5-13 Figured them out at the tires

Default Perris 5-13 Figured them out at the tires

I figured if I was quite enough with no shallow water anchor noise and no trolling motor sounds I'd sneak up on them this way at the tires! Didn't work out so well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tires 2.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	46234

Well we did get em good yesterday on such a nice day. We started at 7:30 till 3. All of our bites were shallow and could not get a nibble in deep water.
    The bite was very alive fishing the grass lines especially were brush and rock pile met up. We landed 32 for the day
    Highlight of the day was: Dave hooks up on a healthy fish and 5 sec's into the fight I get bit. It was the same bass It had both of our baits in his
    throat That's a 1st and cool fishing story to have.

Water temp: 67-69
    water clarity 3-10 ft depending on where you were
    weather: 1/2 sunny 1/2 cloudy overcast

Name:	Dave.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	46235

Name:	Perris tw.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	46236

Lol, how long did you last on the tire? Good job out there fellas. Top water is starting to heat up too.

Looks like you guys had a great day!

Way to go Sergio!!!! Did you fall in at the tires? That is cool about the single/double....that bass was an eating machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Lol, how long did you last on the tire? Good job out there fellas. Top water is starting to heat up too.
    lol 3 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Way to go Sergio!!!! Did you fall in at the tires? That is cool about the single/double....that bass was an eating machine!
    I had the gopro rolling just in case something dumb like that happened, haha... Those tires are well in there.

Thanx for the report,WE couldn't get a pattern goin yesterday.Started east of the tires waited for them to clear and sat there for a while when it was our turn, cruzed around the island for a bit then headed to the dam and started to troll south and had two bites that came off.The boats were stacked at the end corner but we decided not to join.Seen you guys fly bye us as you were headed back up to the top of the dam.Went over to the construction ramp and got one dink on a drop shot. Sore back kickin in headed home for a Brew!!!LOL.I was throwin mostly one knock lipless, was committed to it and couldn't find em!! We don't know that lake very well and will have to try again later.Thanx for your glimmer of hope,Cheers!

been years since i fished perris. thanx for the report. i will be there sunday fishing with pete marino. hope we do as good

Great pics and story. I would not have gotten on those tires without a pair of golf shoes or better yet ice crampons on. I would have gone for swim for sure, had to be a little tricky standing on that tire.

lol, I've caught 2 fish on one lure, but never 1 fish on 2 lures.

I was out there for a few hours on Wed also with my buddy and got about a dozen 1 to 2 pounders. We couldn't get anything bigger to bite.