Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: the opener

Default the opener

Well headed up north for the opener, to Bishop as a base camp early Friday morning, and scouted bishop creek and surrounding areas, and about the same water flow as about last year, or so. I knew the wind and possible snow flurries were in store for Saturday morning, it was already windy driving up here. Well decided to try rock creek lake, and headed up there Saturday morning, wind and all, and the snow started sticking around 6000 ft level, and by the time I arrived, it was blizzard conditions, so parked at the end of the camp sites parking area, and 3 in of snow on the ground. I had planned to float tube, but didn't want to be out there alone, in case something went wrong, and the heavy wind, so just talked to the shore fisherman, which were hooking up quite often. Then decided to fish the stream heading down the hill, and did not see any fish at any area, where it crossed the road, where normally there would be. Once back on 395 headed south to fish the owens, south of line street, caught one rainbow and a brown of not any size, so just scouted around in uncharted territory. The info I gathered was tough fishing for most, all around. Headed out Sunday back up to rock creek lake, looking for my prescription sunglasses I lost, to no avail, but seemed to received 8 in of snow, and fishing was lite, I headed to McGee creek, and saw hardly anything throughout the area. So went to the upper owens, above Benton, but the wind was tough, so headed back to bishop for the day. All in all word was it was tough all over, if I could figured out how to upload pics, but not working

Well, you certainly covered a lot of area while up there. Weather changes can definitely affect the fishing in a lot of areas.

Thanks for the report, next chance I have to head up there is after school is done in June.

John