Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Congress gives away 30 Billion dollars!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    NO LQ. GD is all about YOU and nit-picking other peoples post. Your trolling is sooooo worn out and lacks thought.

You seriously need something. I suggest a 12" vibrator to help you release your stress privately. You are so boring these days it makes me sick. GET A LIFE WITCH...
    It is like Groundhog Day here. Everyday the same. You have to break down Hawgz replies. Everyday the same.

Speaking on behalf of the peanut gallery, your post was witty, clever, funny and captured the sprit of the GD section!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-30-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    \ seriously need something. I suggest a 12" vibrator to help you release your stress privately.
    Sounds like you speak from experience......

As to the rest of your post: when certain folks refrain from posting unintelligent, ill-considered, and inaccurate remarks, then I will cease commenting on them. Your choice is to read or not to read.

However DR, I will grant you a temporary reprieve. See you in a few.

K etucker, you are worried about the government not being able to profit off peoples deaths, how about going after morons like George Soros. This idiot is all things progressive left. He funds the progressive liberal "center for American Progress", Media Matters, Daily Kos and a whole host of other "progressive leftist" media and various progressive left entities. He calls on the federal government to raise taxes on Americans all the while hiding his own billions from taxation. Indeed, the ultimate in hypocrisy...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ros-s-tax-bill

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    K etucker, you are worried about the government not being able to profit off peoples deaths, how about going after morons like George Soros. This idiot is all things progressive left. He funds the progressive liberal "center for American Progress", Media Matters, Daily Kos and a whole host of other "progressive leftist" media and various progressive left entities. He calls on the federal government to raise taxes on Americans all the while hiding his own billions from taxation. Indeed, the ultimate in hypocrisy...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ros-s-tax-bill
    I'm with you on that one!!! Just because someone claims to be a progressive, doesn't mean they can't be bad and evil too!!! If they are bad and in this case a hypocrite on taxation, they should get what they deserve!!!!!

A simple lesson on how our tax system works:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
    The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
    The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The seventh would pay $7.
    The eighth would pay $12.
    The ninth would pay $18.
    The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share".' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
    The sixth would now pay $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
    The seventh would pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
    The eighth would pay $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
    The ninth would pay $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
    The tenth would pay $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20,"declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man," but he got $10!"
    "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got TEN times more than I did!"

"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction.
    Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Quote Originally Posted by 4_D_ HALIBUT View Post
    A simple lesson on how our tax system works:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
    The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
    The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The seventh would pay $7.
    The eighth would pay $12.
    The ninth would pay $18.
    The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share".' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
    The sixth would now pay $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
    The seventh would pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
    The eighth would pay $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
    The ninth would pay $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
    The tenth would pay $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20,"declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man," but he got $10!"
    "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got TEN times more than I did!"

"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction.
    Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
    I liked the story till the very end. That's when your conclusions get really fuzzy!!!! This story is about the 1% ers getting more of our nations wealth. It was at 24% a couple of years ago, it's probably higher by now. lol First of all, "how do justify the rich keep getting richer??" Are the CEO'S of the fortune 500 company's now working much harder then they did 40 years ago. "I doubt it!!!!!!" However, they sure are getting paid a lot more now then they were 40 years ago. So with your conclusions, your saying if we raise the tax's more on these people, they will stop working and retire some where over seas. I think you were drinking too much of that imaginary Beer in your story, if you think that is true!!!! The people who broadcast this BS to you people, "have got to start coming up with new material." I heard this story years ago and has been debunked soo many times!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-01-2015 at 01:39 PM.

This tax does not just affect the rich. Say you want to leave your house to your children. You purchased said home for 100k. You give it to your child and its worth 500k. Your children will have to pay tax on the 400k gain they got when they received your home if they ever sell it. Currently you can leave it to your children when you pass and they will get a step up value to what its worth the day you pass. Meaning, that when you pass, your house is worth 500k it would be like they purchased the house for 500k. if they ever sell they wont have to pay capital gains tax on your home if they sell for 500k. If they remove this cities will re-asses the home which will then cost them more in property taxes per year. 1% of your 100k is 1k now your children have a tax bill of 5k. The rich are able to do this with millions of dollars in real estate which I understand might seem unfair. BUT who will have a harder time paying the taxes? The rich family or working class citizens that worked for years to pay off a home they wanted to leave to their children. This is why a lot of children end up just selling the homes their parents leave because they cant afford the tax. Remember this is if you leave a proper will and your home does not go into probate. Probate means they need lawyers and the house will be tied up in litigation for years and a tax will have to be paid at the end of said litigation. Most families are forced to sell to pay said taxes. If you really look at the laws you can see that this can be a benefit to everyone and should be changed for maximum amounts that rich families will have to pay not eliminated totally. Just what I had to deal with when my father passed away...

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I heard that very same example except for farmers, so it's probably the same story. (just substitute farmers for ranchers.) You want to know how many farmers or in this case ranchers the new law will save the family farm or ranch????? Just 20!!!!!!! To put that in perspective, more people have walked on the moon then that!!!!! ( The moon number is 24)
    Wait a minute, People walked on the Moon????LOL

30% of a guy making $50K per year is $15K. He now only has $35K to live on and as most of us know, if your have a family, it's not much.
    A billionaire with $1Billion gets taxed 30% and he still has $700 million to live on. That's the issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-woul...a-94-tax-rate/

Interesting read if you have the time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456