Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress gives away 30 Billion dollars!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Why would you consider earned money that's already possessed by a family and has already been subjected to income and capital gains taxes an entitlement? And how does a family's earned money affect the working man? And why is the working man entitled to some one Else's earned money? Basically, why is anybody entitled to anyone's money?

A woman is born and raised on a horse ranch that has been in the family for over a hundred and fifety years, the parents die and leave the ranch to their daughter. The daughter has no money to pay the inheritance tax and is forced to sell the ranch thus the family's legacy, home and hard work is lost. Why is that fair?

BTW, one more question. How is congress giving away money that is not theirs to begin with?
    I heard that very same example except for farmers, so it's probably the same story. (just substitute farmers for ranchers.) You want to know how many farmers or in this case ranchers the new law will save the family farm or ranch????? Just 20!!!!!!! To put that in perspective, more people have walked on the moon then that!!!!! ( The moon number is 24)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-28-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I don't like when the rich get taxed.

Every God fearing American knows that they trickle down their wealth down to the middle class.
    If it should 'trickle' down to me.
    Does that make me one of the worthless leeches that are sucking our system dry?
    Calling it a trickle is akin to calling a Irvine Lake rental boat wake 40 foot Waimea Bay.
    I sure haven't seen a damn dime of the so called 'trickle' yet.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I heard that very same example except for farmers, so it's probably the same story. (just substitute farmers for ranchers.) You want to know how many farmers or in this case ranchers the new law will save the family farm or ranch????? Just 20!!!!!!! To put that in perspective, more people have walked on the moon then that!!!!! ( The moon number is 24)
    Care to share you sources? I'm quite interested in how the numbers are calculated? With all the large farms, land holdings, etc......there is a snowballs chance in hell that the real number of affected persons is 20. Even if this effected only one person, there is no difference between what Madoff did, and the government legally taking your income.
    And for you Brent......do you work? If so, is it a "poor" person that hired you. Did a homeless person hire you......or possibly someone who has some working capital.
    If it's not to personal to ask, does your income come from private sources. If so, maybe it's the "volume" of the trickle you don't appreciate, not the theory itself.
    Look how all that money in the Clinton foundation has trickled down to the poor.......does it work any different in the private sector?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I sure haven't seen a damn dime of the so called 'trickle' yet.
    I see that you need to get in contact with DevoreFlyer, CerdoLoco and the other individuals who still hold fast to this method of thinking. Remember, if you don't believe in this trickle down theory, then you are against Reagan and the American economic system.

I don't recall ever seeing a poor person hiring anyone, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipripper93561 View Post
    Care to share you sources? I'm quite interested in how the numbers are calculated? With all the large farms, land holdings, etc......there is a snowballs chance in hell that the real number of affected persons is 20. Even if this effected only one person, there is no difference between what Madoff did, and the government legally taking your income.
    And for you Brent......do you work? If so, is it a "poor" person that hired you. Did a homeless person hire you......or possibly someone who has some working capital.
    If it's not to personal to ask, does your income come from private sources. If so, maybe it's the "volume" of the trickle you don't appreciate, not the theory itself.
    Look how all that money in the Clinton foundation has trickled down to the poor.......does it work any different in the private sector?
    I will admit, "I'm quoting a progressive talk show." Since the Rancher/Farmer story is making the rounds, they address it and so did HawgZ, I'm hoping they did their homework correctly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing a poor person hiring anyone, how about you?
    No, every employer I've encountered are neither poor nor part of the illustrious 5000.

And if we use the Hawgz Economics 101 mantra, these poor people buy food, gas, and other tangible goods that contribute to our economy.

No, every employer I've encountered are neither poor nor part of the illustrious 5000.

And if we use the Hawgz Economics 101 mantra, these poor people buy food, gas, and other tangible goods that contribute to our economy.
    And if we use the Hawgz Economics 101 mantra
    And what is that "mantra"? Please explain in detail.

Lol, glad to know I'm perpetually in both your's and Quagga's heads...

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I will admit, "I'm quoting a progressive talk show." Since the Rancher/Farmer story is making the rounds, they address it and so did HawgZ, I'm hoping they did their homework correctly!!!!
    You never answered my question etucker, why is anyone, including the government, entitled to anyone else's money?

I see that you need to get in contact with DevoreFlyer, CerdoLoco and the other individuals who still hold fast to this method of thinking. Remember, if you don't believe in this trickle down theory, then you are against Reagan and the American economic system.

Let's forget about the way we think for a moment and let you explain in your own words what your thinking is? What kind of economic and governance system do you think is better than what we have(had)? What would you replace our system with?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast