Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late report from last Tuesday

Default Late report from last Tuesday

Sorry this is late but computer probs prevented me from posting pics so I waited until I solved the PC dilemma.

On the water at 6:15am and at the first spot within a minute, third cast with my special T-rig and POW nailed this 7lb pig;

Caught a few keepers at that spot then moved to this one where I stuck this;

Stuck a few more keepers in this area then pulled up the troller and moved to the next spot where we stuck a few more keepers including this one;

Kept on moving to various spots around the lake and caught a bunch of keepers and dinks like this;

Overall we had a great day out there with 23 fish between the two of us.

Water temp was a fairly even 65 degrees around the lake
    Water clarity is about 8ft or better
    Water level was up about 3 feet from two weeks prior. Just the tip of the rock in the marina was showing.
    Bait used was a "special" T-rig, jig and a medium sized swimbait
    We're heading here again this Tuesday, hope the water stains up some for a better reaction bite...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Sorry this is late but computer probs prevented me from posting pics so I waited until I solved the PC dilemma.

On the water at 6:15am and at the first spot within a minute, third cast with my special T-rig and POW nailed this 7lb pig;

Caught a few keepers at that spot then moved to this one where I stuck this;

Stuck a few more keepers in this area then pulled up the troller and moved to the next spot where we stuck a few more keepers including this one;

Kept on moving to various spots around the lake and caught a bunch of keepers and dinks like this;

Overall we had a great day out there with 23 fish between the two of us.

Water temp was a fairly even 65 degrees around the lake
    Water clarity is about 8ft or better
    Water level was up about 3 feet from two weeks prior. Just the tip of the rock in the marina was showing.
    Bait used was a "special" T-rig, jig and a medium sized swimbait
    We're heading here again this Tuesday, hope the water stains up some for a better reaction bite...
    Thanks for a great report on Skinner. That place has always given me fits!

Good job hawgz!

Nice going man, thanks for posting the pics. You killed em!

That looks like pretty good UGB fishing there! Congrats!

nice bass pat.................

What a good report....looks like fun! I wish I could grow a beard like your buddy there...I would be a GOD

Looks like a nice breeze blowing and overcast....did you get on a reaction bite at all?
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 05-01-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    What a good report....looks like fun! I wish I could grow a beard like your buddy there...I would be a GOD

Looks like a nice breeze blowing and overcast....did you get on a reaction bite at all?
    Thanks guys! Sometimes that little lake can produce epic days.

Storm, thanks man! And dude, in order to grow a beard like that you have to get OLD first! Yes but only when the wind picked up. Started throwing topwater first thing thinking the cloud cover would help the bite, but it wasn't to be. I threw the topwater and other reaction baits throughout the day but could only get bit on my custom t-rigs. Later when the breeze kicked in I started getting followers on the S-waver and finally stuck one on it. The smallest fish in my pics above was the victim...