Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Which Seaguar do you like best?

Default Which Seaguar do you like best?

I see a lot of people talkin it up ... wondered which one of their brands is best? Inviszx?

Depends on what u are fishing for/ what u are using. I'm partial to 30lb or 40lb blue label flouro for my leaders.

While I do use Flouro for Bass, I am old school when Trout fishing and only use Stren Mono. Old habits are hard to change and for over 40 years Stren Mono has never let me down.

I like Abrazx for leaders when surf fishing and Invizx for freshwater leaders.

Cubans are my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Starcraft16.5 View Post
    Cubans are my favorite
    Mine also with two fingers of single malt whiskey on the side.

Hands down Seaguar Tatsu fluorocarbon but it's real expensive. I use Invisx for most techniques except when I throw jigs. I have 12/15lb Seaguar Abrasx on my two jig rods...

Sorry I wasn't more specific in my application. I usually spool the entire spool with the line ... and run it all the way to the hook ... no swivel or extra knot.

I will look into Stren Mono ... I know Devore knows his stuff.

I wonder if I should put something like a braid on first and then I can just splice the last 75-100 years and replace more easily and regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Sorry I wasn't more specific in my application. I usually spool the entire spool with the line ... and run it all the way to the hook ... no swivel or extra knot.

I will look into Stren Mono ... I know Devore knows his stuff.

I wonder if I should put something like a braid on first and then I can just splice the last 75-100 years and replace more easily and regularly?
    I assumed you are talking about line for Trout fishing. I prefer fluorocarbon for several reasons, it's nearly invisible to the fish, it's a thinner diameter, it sinks, it has much better sensitivity, it stretches less and it has far less memory. I only use mono for topwater applications or where reaction baits require more stretch for cushioning the hookset when using treble hooks. Using a light braid main line with a fluoro leader offers much greater sensitivity and very little stretch for rock solid hooksets...

Stren Mono was first introduced in 1958 by Dupont and I have been a fan ever since. I prefer the Stren Gold color in my old age as it is better see with aging eyes but is hard to find in the 330 yd spools. You can buy a 330 yd spool for around $7 to $8 and at that price I spool it all on my reel. I use 4# on my ultralite spinning rig and 6# on everything else. Check out the reviews.

http://www.basspro.com/Stren-Origina...SSSELL_PRODUCT

Or try the Stren Magnathin

http://www.basspro.com/Stren-Magnath...SSSELL_PRODUCT
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 04-26-2015 at 12:41 PM.