Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And They Say There's No Quaggas in the Duct

Default And They Say There's No Quaggas in the Duct

You know you're in Bako when the radio stations on the FM band go from country, to Mexican country, to country-western to Mexican country-western, to Christian, to Evangelical Christian, to Christian country, back to plain ol' country. I think I might have even heard Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity coming in over the static.

I've heard about the duct, but all I knew is that the duct is what us SoCal people use to steal water from the people up north. Who knew it held fish (that ruin fisheries here down south, no less)?

I had a rod in the car, and a Walmart around, so I went out and got the cheapest Rat L Trap-like bait known to man, which was located in the clearance bin. $2 bucks! I mean, these are stripers I'm after. I've seen 'em eat everything from Storm swimbaits that swim on their side after losing their tails, to baits made from used spark plugs found in people's garages. They're not exactly Permit.

Had only 30 minutes or so before the sunset, and God knows what happens around those parts when the sun goes down.

The hardest part was finding a good spot, but all I had to do was look for an area filled with discarded monofilament, empty packs of snelled baitholder hooks (Eagle Claw is apparently the choice of champions) and the remnants of Styrofoam from what used to be nightcrawler containers and portable ice chests. After a few short bites, I did manage a keeper that was used to make some fish tacos at home later in the evening. Got some smaller ones that I shook off and left for home.

The fish was 3.5 cans long**, and weighed about a twelve pack after you finish 3 of them. (Is that accurate enough for the Duct Challenge?)I would've taken the picture when it was still alive, but these sink pictures are always better because the Miller Lite can shows how big it was - and who wants to see a pic of a concrete river anyway?

Tight lines!

(**Official Bako unit of measurement)
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 02-26-2015 at 10:56 AM.

classic report...nice Walmart striper LQ!

(awesome Deliverance scene btw)

TD

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    God knows what happens around those parts when the sun goes down.

nice work Lady!

is that left shark? or right shark?

WTG Sweety!

LOL,,

Top Notch report right there LOVE IT!

TRAIL BLAZER

I call BS...

That fish is at least 4.5 cans long.

Bullspit post..

On top of faded out lines of a warmer weather catch....

Fake pic suspicion #2 is miller beer in Bakersfield..

The white boys drink Coors light here and the Mexican boys drink Bud light (affectionately known as mexican gatorade)

Miller beer is forbidden in these parts

The Irony of this post is amazing!!!!! For years they had Lady Q confined and only doing Gladiatorial fights in the General Discussion section. Now that these contests are no longer in Vogue, so what's a Gladiator to do????? Go fishing and write fish reports in the land of the people, who over whelming voted that these Gladiatorial contest should be discontinued in the GD section. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

The white boys drink Coors light here and the Mexican boys drink Bud light (affectionately known as mexican gatorade)
    Everybody knows Mexican Gatorade is the Limón Pepino flavored Gatorade mixed with a fifth of Tequila. You can even leave it in the original Gatorade bottle and wave to your friendly LEO patrolling the lake.

Bud Light, around these parts, is affectionately known as Mexican Water.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Everybody knows Mexican Gatorade is the Limón Pepino flavored Gatorade mixed with a fifth of Tequila. You can even leave it in the original Gatorade bottle and wave to your friendly LEO patrolling the lake.

Bud Light, around these parts, is affectionately known as Mexican Water.
    actually Mexican Gatorade is just what we here in BAKO call PEE!

It just so happens that we also call miller lite PEE.

TRAIL BLAZER

your photoshop skillz in reducing the size of the can are pretty strong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast