Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First fish on video!

1. Default First fish on video!

Hello everybody,

Normally whenever I catch fish, I want to try and remember exactly what I did so that I can do it again. Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment I always forget exactly what I did to catch that fish. However, today my friend lent me his gopro, and I thought that it was really cool how I could go back and watch what I did to catch the fish. I thought that maybe you guys would enjoy the footage too!

Good day and tight lines!

- Andrew

EDIT: Formatting

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandrew:

Nice video. Looks like your having fun showing your friend how it's done!

Nick

Ps. I'm sure Mike will say it but be careful about showing too much of your spot. You run the likelihood of everyone being there next time you want to hit it.

Nice little vid there Andrew. I like your hookset...probably crossed that turd roller's eyes

I guess Nick thinks I'm a secret spot Nazi but it doesn't matter to me when it comes to harbor fishing especially when it comes to NPH which has fish EVERYWHERE!
    By the look of the vid I can clearly tell you are fishing at Troutdale in Calabasas ...LOL

Good job with the vid but DUDE...You need a different avatar photo...Your current one made me think I was going blind

Andrew (fantastic name BTW if I do say so my self -- it's my middle name)

Anyway it's not you. Bones needs to soak his cloudy contacts. There's no way that spot is in Calabasas and I don't know what he's talking about with your avatar pic

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 04-25-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Faulty grammatical framework

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandrew:

Nice video. Looks like your having fun showing your friend how it's done!

Nick

Ps. I'm sure Mike will say it but be careful about showing too much of your spot. You run the likelihood of everyone being there next time you want to hit it.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too worried about this spot because I feel that everywhere in the harbor is pretty nice. In any case thanks for the concern!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Nice little vid there Andrew. I like your hookset...probably crossed that turd roller's eyes

I guess Nick thinks I'm a secret spot Nazi but it doesn't matter to me when it comes to harbor fishing especially when it comes to NPH which has fish EVERYWHERE!
    By the look of the vid I can clearly tell you are fishing at Troutdale in Calabasas ...LOL

Good job with the vid but DUDE...You need a different avatar photo...Your current one made me think I was going blind
    Yeah my rod is very noodley so I'm sure the hookset looks a lot more violent then it really is lol. I completely agree with nph having fish everywhere. As for my avatar, it looks fine for me and Nick so perhaps you do need your eyes checked? :^)

-Andrew

Andrew-19A's

Looks like that there harbor area you found is pretty fishy. I fished there a few times some tie back but it was never productive for me from shore or on my boat. My biggest success there was hooking and sinking some guy named "bones" one day while he was tubing the exact area you were at in the video.

All kidding aside, I started my career here on FNN with many fantastic days spent on my favorite playground in NPH. Keep the reports coming but also expand your horizons!!!!!!!

Steve

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Andrew-19A's

Looks like that there harbor area you found is pretty fishy. I fished there a few times some tie back but it was never productive for me from shore or on my boat. My biggest success there was hooking and sinking some guy named "bones" one day while he was tubing the exact area you were at in the video.

All kidding aside, I started my career here on FNN with many fantastic days spent on my favorite playground in NPH. Keep the reports coming but also expand your horizons!!!!!!!

Steve
    Thanks Steve,

I'm looking forward to doing some of the really "in between the docks" fishing that newport has. I'm just trying to make the most use of my feet since I don't have a watercraft!

-Andrew

Cool video! If I heard correctly, you remove the barbs from your hooks? Nice conservation adjustment...just hope it doesn't backfire on a violently headshaking flatfish. Keep em tight!

Don

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Cool video! If I heard correctly, you remove the barbs from your hooks? Nice conservation adjustment...just hope it doesn't backfire on a violently headshaking flatfish. Keep em tight!

Don
    Indeed, I've learned this through firsthand experience. I had what I think was a legal halibut inches from being beached on the shores when one last headshake dislodged my hook and sent my lure zipping inches from my face. Now when I'm landing fish, I always check behind myself and make sure that the hook won't fly toward me or anyone if it came loose.

-Andrew

Hi Andrew,

That looks like a lot of fun!

Thanks for the entertaining video! WTG on the SBB!

SP Dan <"))><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast