Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4-22-15 lancaster Aqueduct

Default 4-22-15 lancaster Aqueduct

So i had some time to spare after dropping my nephew off at boyscouts said **** it why not the the duct and see if she will show me some love,

only had 1 hour to spare so i hit a spot i havent been to in a while after using my 4 wheel drive to get there water was slightly flowing and i only had 1 lure with me which was a 3/4 oz rattle trap in the deisgn of a stripper but with blue on it.

first cast nothing,

second cast bam swing an a miss,

3rd cast bump bump and then 3rd time he/she engulfed it and was headed west at a dead run,

i am using my 7ft abu garcia veritas, with okuma helios reel, and 17lb vicious flourcarbon line.

im fighting it for about 20 mins back and forth it would get close so i could see the shape then it would run again, eventually after 20 minutes or so, i got it close enough to know it was gonna beat my personal best of 15lbs.

as i get it closer to the side i can see its huge my hearts pumping im screaming cmon baby cmon cmon cmon lmao, and of course i pulled just a little to hard or over the long battle the line frieghed and i lost it and watched it swim away,

as i am screaming foul launguage and asking god why i realize its just another fishing story as many of us have, due to me being retarded and not putting on my gopro which i had charged but left in the truck down the hill and was short on time.

All i can say is that i hopefully will catch him again ill be going back to that spot soon inhopes of it still being around.

My personal best so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my pb striper.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	46140
    Last edited by SoCalB3AST; 04-24-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Hey bro. next time set your drag a little looser and let her run and tire out. Also lose that vicious crap line and get your self some seaguar. You won't regret it next time you hook a pig............

Mice write up! I enjoyed the read.

Bummer though!

Ouch!

Been there done that SUCKS.

But memories are what we strive for and now you know exactly where that fish is hanging out,,GO GET HER.

Thanks for the AV report

TRAIL BLAZER

thanks guys gonna try and get back out tomorrow nite, might go to bakersifled next weekend but herd there was no fish in the duct up there lmao

Great report. The adrenalin rush ..... then the heartbreak But you got bit! The fight is the fun... sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Get her next time! Its gonna be hard to get it off your mind. Thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin4runner View Post
    Hey bro. next time set your drag a little looser and let her run and tire out. Also lose that vicious crap line and get your self some seaguar. You won't regret it next time you hook a pig............
    You know, I tried some of that Vicious last year in 10, 17, and 20 lb. test...the 10 lb. local bassing w. senkos and ikas, the 17 and 20 on local 3/4 and overnighters at clemente and Catalina for bottomfish, tuna and yellowtail. I found that it frayed really easy and I broke off a lot more, so I dumped it. It seemed to have the least abrasion resistance of any fluoro I've used....switched over to Seaguar and suffix and haven't had any problems. I thought maybe I just got a bad batch of Vicious...but this kinds of confirms it for me.

I'm crying right now too!!! Great story!!

Thanks for the report!

JustEYE