Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.W.A.T. Decisions, Surfing or Fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by SDay View Post
    I just started seriously trying to learn saltwater fishing. Been a trout fisherman for 18 years. Relatively new to the website and definitely new to the terminology.

Can someone please explain all the abbreviations ?! So i know how and where to catch fish. What is LC, PB, and what is the SWAT that everyone seems to love and be members of? I am assuming PB is personal best, but that's all I have been able to gather

Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any help
    First of all welcome to the board SDay. The FNN is a great place to learn and make a few friends.

You were correct with the PB meaning Personal Best. LC stands for Lucky Craft which is a popular hard bait that most of us use in the surf. Usually referring to the 110 series Flash Minnow which is a suspending bait that mimics a small baitfish.
    As for the SWAT acronym.... Pick your favorite...LOL

SALT WATER ASSAULT TEAM is my favorite but here are a couple more....

Salt Water Angling Team
    Salt Water Attack Team
    Sand Waves Attack Team
    Sand Water All Terrain
    Special Weapons And Tactics (I call my rod a weapon)...LOL

There are seriously a lot of meanings to the acronym if you do a google search but it all means "Good Friends"

--------------<())))><
    Last edited by bones; 05-05-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks alot Bones ! You were a huge help.

I appreciate, and thanks again for the warm welcome !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12