Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Idaho Rainbows

1. Default Idaho Rainbows

I got to spend a few days in Idaho, the state has lots of wide open space, quail and dove every where, fished a lake in twin falls.

Caught several nice rainbows biggest ones in the 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 lbs range these were some of the hardest fighting trout, I have ever caught, nice colors on them beautiful fish.

You do any angling in the rivers up there?

I blasted through Idaho on the way to Yellowstone last year but there seems to be very fishy rivers up there.

The Clear River, Selway River and Salmon River are killer for Steelhead fishing. The best for fly fishing for Trout are Silver Creek, Henry's Fork and the South fork of the Snake River. Idaho is a Trout fisherman's paradise.

Heard some really good stuff about a "Henry's Lake" ... is near or connected to Henry's Fork ???

Henry's Lake is indeed connected to the Henry's Fork of the Snake river. Outstanding world class Trout fishery of the west.