Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr. President

Default Mr. President

Like all the other Presidents he promised he would acknowledge this if they were elected and did not follow
    Through.

Very disappointing! My grandmothers brothers and Father were all beheaded.

We were hopeful because it was a 100 years. We really felt he would have done what was right like many
    Other countries in the world. He knows it was a Genocide. But I know, I know, he's worried he doesn't want to offend Turkey and ruin our entrance into the Middle East. Blah Blah Blah

Carry on Mr. President with your ObamaDontCare!

A formal recognition of the Armenian Genocide by the U.S. government as a whole is long overdue. Geopolitical considerations with Turkey be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Carry on Mr. President with your ObamaDontCare!
    Why diminish such an important issue with this comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    A formal recognition of the Armenian Genocide by the U.S. government as a whole is long overdue. Geopolitical considerations with Turkey be damned.
    Thank you for that!

Why diminish such an important issue with this comment?
    We thought he cared!

I swear by the spilled blood of my ancestors me and 10 million + Armenians will never forget or forgive 1915 Armenina Genocide !
    As far as "president" his has no balls,looks whats going on with US and our foreign policy.
    Long leave our Christian Nation!!

Question to the audience. Are we satisfied with our government and the Presidents with our own AMERICAN Genocide????? For the very slow ones (what the white man did to the Native Americans) There was no excuse for all the relocations we did to the native people. We are just as guilty for our own Baton Death March in the trail of tears.

So I don't get accused of thread jacking, let me address the Armenian Genocide. It was 1915 WW1 has broken out, with the Russian to the North on the Allies side. The Turks to the South on the Axis side and the Armenians right in the middle. The Turks claim the Armenians were just part of the terrible causalities WW1 inflicted on everyone. The Armenians claim the Turks were always jealous of the Armenians and now they had their excuse to do ethnic cleansing on the Armenians. So there you have it!!! I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the story, so you can know understand what the debate is all about!!!!

and the Sudanese genocide, and the Guatemalan and the Rawandan, etc., etc., etc.. We, as a nation, seem to have a predilection for viewing atrocities in a context of convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Question to the audience. Are we satisfied with our Democratic government and the Democratic Presidents with our own AMERICAN Genocide????? For the very slow ones (what the white man did to the Native Americans) There was no excuse for all the relocations we did to the native people. We are just as guilty for our own Baton Death March in the trail of tears.

So I don't get accused of thread jacking, let me address the Armenian Genocide. It was 1915 WW1 has broken out, with the Russian to the North on the Allies side. The Turks to the South on the Axis side and the Armenians right in the middle. The Turks claim the Armenians were just part of the terrible causalities WW1 inflicted on everyone. The Armenians claim the Turks were always jealous of the Armenians and now they had their excuse to do ethnic cleansing on the Armenians. So there you have it!!! I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the story, so you can know understand what the debate is all about!!!!
    I fixed it for ya etucker and ya might want to read the following with regard to the "Indian Removal Act" which my Native American relatives lived through:

Gold had been discovered in Georgia in 1828, resulting in a Democrat-controlled Congress rushing through the Indian Removal Act, which passed by a single vote in 1830. It was signed by Democrat president Andrew Jackson and carried out by Democrat president Martin Van Buren.

Condemning the federal government’s mandate were members of the National Republican and Whig Parties, including Congressman Abraham Lincoln (IL); Senator Theodore Frelinghuysen (NJ), Senator Daniel Webster (MA); and Senator Henry Clay (KY). Tennessee Congressmen Davy Crockett gave an impassioned speech in defense of the Indians.

Missionaries Samuel Worcester and Elizur Butler were arrested for their opposition to Indian removal and their case went to the U.S. Supreme Court. Chief Justice John Marshall ruled in favor of the Cherokee in Worcester v. Georgia (1832), writing that the Cherokee Nation was a “distinct community” with self-government “in which the laws of Georgia can have no force.”

Justice Joseph Story wrote March 4, 1832: “Thanks be to God, the Court can wash their hands clean of the iniquity of oppressing the Indians and disregarding their rights.”

Noting that the Supreme Court had no power to enforce its edicts, but had to rely on the president to actually implement them, Democrat President Jackson was attributed with saying: “John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!”

General John E. Wool had sympathy for the Indians and hesitated carrying out the inhumane removal, resulting in Democrat President Martin Van Buren replacing him with General Winfield Scott.

Oh and I wonder what party was in power when the Japanese were interned during WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I fixed it for ya etucker and ya might want to read the following with regard to the "Indian Removal Act" which my Native American relatives lived through:

Gold had been discovered in Georgia in 1828, resulting in a Democrat-controlled Congress rushing through the Indian Removal Act, which passed by a single vote in 1830. It was signed by Democrat president Andrew Jackson and carried out by Democrat president Martin Van Buren.

Condemning the federal government’s mandate were members of the National Republican and Whig Parties, including Congressman Abraham Lincoln (IL); Senator Theodore Frelinghuysen (NJ), Senator Daniel Webster (MA); and Senator Henry Clay (KY). Tennessee Congressmen Davy Crockett gave an impassioned speech in defense of the Indians.

Missionaries Samuel Worcester and Elizur Butler were arrested for their opposition to Indian removal and their case went to the U.S. Supreme Court. Chief Justice John Marshall ruled in favor of the Cherokee in Worcester v. Georgia (1832), writing that the Cherokee Nation was a “distinct community” with self-government “in which the laws of Georgia can have no force.”

Justice Joseph Story wrote March 4, 1832: “Thanks be to God, the Court can wash their hands clean of the iniquity of oppressing the Indians and disregarding their rights.”

Noting that the Supreme Court had no power to enforce its edicts, but had to rely on the president to actually implement them, Democrat President Jackson was attributed with saying: “John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!”

General John E. Wool had sympathy for the Indians and hesitated carrying out the inhumane removal, resulting in Democrat President Martin Van Buren replacing him with General Winfield Scott.

Oh and I wonder what party was in power when the Japanese were interned during WWII.
    Hey Remember, I claimed to be a Republican up until 2000!!!!! Go Lincoln!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Hey Remember, I claimed to be a Republican up until 2000!!!!! Go Lincoln!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was that the same time the brain damage occurred? I'm concerned etucker.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    and the Sudanese genocide, and the Guatemalan and the Rawandan, etc., etc., etc.. We, as a nation, seem to have a predilection for viewing atrocities in a context of convenience.
    Amen. And I'd be willing to go so far as to replace the word "viewing" in your statement with "justifying", in certain circumstances.

I can see some ham-handed attempts to veer this thread into tangential and/or partisan discussion. Normally I'd be game. But in this case, I think it important to stay focused, and return to the topic at hand - formal recognition of the Armenian Genocide.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 04-29-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast