Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Salton Sea fishing

Default Salton Sea fishing

Anybody have a recent report on how the fishing is at the Salton Sea. Would like to go before it become an oven.

I quite going after everything died but the tilopia. I hear they are caught regularly around the bays and harbors, anywhere where fresh water and food might wash into the sea should be a good spot. fish them like bluegill with a bobber and worm or small jig.

Was the best fishing place ever back in the day ! Corvina 6 to 18 lbs when you located them ate swim baits big-time ! Those days are over for good unfortunately ! Only thing that can handle salinity levels now sole survivors of the Dead Sea is tilapia ! Perfect time of year to go get them unless you like to fish in 100+ temp can get brutally hot ! Try break-wall @ state park or by old yacht club
    Last edited by Starcraft16.5; 04-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Me and 2 others fished the yacht club yeaterday from 6:30 til 9 and only caught 4. They were all good sized males. Went exploring and tried a couple other places. Eventually found some biters, mostly hand-sized with a few of the bigger models mixed in. Use a 1 oz. weight (or as much as you need to cast out as far as possible), a #4 bait holder hook on a loop 1.5 - 2 feet above the weight with a 2 inch piece of night crawler. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Me and 2 others fished the yacht club yeaterday from 6:30 til 9 and only caught 4.
    Did you eat them ?

Fish are more toxic at Silverwood lake than the Dead Sea !