Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVL Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Geeze what happened to your HAIR Pat, you didn't tell me you were doin' chemo. WTH, are tryin' to be a Bako Boy now that DVL is closed to private boaters or is that a form of protest.
    Lol, naw, I made the mistake of having my barber do my hair after a full day of fishing with him. We got off the lake and went by his shop on the way home so he could close it down and decided I could use a cut, well, he was a bit wobbly to say the least, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Matt, thanks for all of your expert tutelage. When I reflect on all the countless hours I put into DVL learning and practicing when the bite was hot at Perris and I was damn near alone out there definitely paid off for me. I was blessed with a double digit and a good more close to that in this last year. Thanks for handling my frustration from time to time and helping me see things from a perspective that is unique to Diamond Valley. I am convinced it will make me a better bass angler on ANY fishery.

In the end, I expect to be back on DVL in the next year or so as they deal with the water shortage. I have high hopes. Thanks to all who I've met out there: To Mike in his Panfish Tracker, Anthony at Last Chance, Lynn and Megan, NBW, Tony Lain, Art Berry, Larry Rogers, Rod Wynn, and all of the other guys that taught me much. To Stan and Tom, giving an old ball player a ride down the ramp without asking, our girls in the front, and the many others I forget to mention, thank you for some great experiences that I will never forget. It wasn't just the challenge of DVL, it was the camaraderie of great people, new ideas, failures and successes.

See you in a rental when I can't stand it anymore!!!
    Speaking of which... where on earth did Art Berry go? Its been a couple of years since I heard anything about him, but he used to be a larger than life presence guiding on DVL and on this forum. Guy even had worms named after him. Was trying to find a good guide to recommend to a friend and it seems like he just went ghost?

Damn HawgZ that Smallie looks amazing,yet to get into one of those.The last tues before the close we got into a good bite in the afternoon one on a Senko in the morn,nothing big.Im new to the lake 2yrs now and really love this place.Everyone I have met on the ramp or the lake have been super cool and the fishing is the best I have found in so Cal for sure.The final trip in tues afternoon to get the truck as a lil slap in the face, im jumpin to the dock from the bow a huge Pig swims right out from underneath the dock under my nose just a little tease to what ill be missing out on for a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
    Speaking of which... where on earth did Art Berry go?
    It's been a few years now, but I called Art just before he dropped off the radar. Booked a trip with him and waited for the date to arrive. Art never called to confirm we were going, no e-mail, texts, nothing. Needless to say, we didn't go out. But......everything happens for a reason. Didn't go out with Art, but went out twice with Pete Marino, once at DVL the other at Perris. Pete taught and showed me techniques I still use today on multiple bodies of water. Whenever I bump into Pete, he's still more than eager to share info. Love that guy.

Oh yeah, I'll miss DVL too. Looking forward to when it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    It's been a few years now, but I called Art just before he dropped off the radar. Booked a trip with him and waited for the date to arrive. Art never called to confirm we were going, no e-mail, texts, nothing. Needless to say, we didn't go out. But......everything happens for a reason. Didn't go out with Art, but went out twice with Pete Marino, once at DVL the other at Perris. Pete taught and showed me techniques I still use today on multiple bodies of water. Whenever I bump into Pete, he's still more than eager to share info. Love that guy.

Oh yeah, I'll miss DVL too. Looking forward to when it's back.
    Thanks for the info... so strange. Back in the day when I was a fixture on the DVL rentals he basically lived on the lake, had I was able to have a couple of good conversations with him. Now it just seems like he disappeared...

Regardless, I will recommend Pete for sure. Always seems like he's on the right pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
    Thanks for the info... so strange. Back in the day when I was a fixture on the DVL rentals he basically lived on the lake, had I was able to have a couple of good conversations with him. Now it just seems like he disappeared...
    When I first started fishing regularly and got my first boat I met Art at DVL...We had great times chatting about everything from fishing to football. Every time I ever saw him he remembered my name and actually went out of his way to motor over and say hi. He is uber friendly and a guy you wouldn't mind having a few beers and wings with. Miss him these days. This is very unlike some of the other guides I've met. Some are very unfriendly I'm sad to say, even seeing them kind of regularly here and there.

Another really nice guy is Rusty Brown. He is a pleasure to talk to and another guy who will remember your name and respect you even though you're new to the game. I would also endorse him as a guide any day of the week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123