Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Need help finding a surf/kayak rod

Default Need help finding a surf/kayak rod

Hey guys I'm looking for a rod to throw jerkbaits like the lucky crafts and small big hammers. I want something that can cast them good and won't rust from saltwater. Something 7-8feet Maybe. I've looked all over and can't find much. Trying to find something in the range of 75-150$ A lot of the rods I've found have been too heavy and pretty pricey. I'm not against spending more but I would prefer cheaper.

What do you surf guys use?

Also I was looking into the okuma shadow stalker. They have models that are 1/2 -1 ounce. I might go with that but I would want to hold it and check it out in person first.

Thanks for any input

I was also checking out the shimano teramar Inshore. Anyone used this?

Hey Parkermann2,
    I've been using an Okuma T-40X rod(TX-S-902M) for throw'n the LCFM110 surf fish'n. Great rod, I liked it so much I bought 2!

If you're planning to fish inside harbors, any bass rod will do. I have two teramar mh with a Lexa 300 and a revo toro nacl 50 for fishing outside of the harbors and rock fishing. I usually take three setup. One for the bay's I use a medium 13 omen paired with a lees speed tournament pro reel, one for bottom fishing And one to throw 1-2 oz swim baits.

if you wanna fish with like lucky craft 110 in the harbor and surf get a crank bait rod. just my 2 cents. GL