My folks took the RV up to Mojave Narrows and camped out Friday to Sunday so me and the wife decided to join them. We made it up late Friday night after battling traffic for what seemed like forever.

We had my dad's boat so we drove it out to Silverwood for Saturday but had NO luck at all.

Sunday was the best day for us. We started a little late at Horseshoe lake going for some cats & bass but had no luck. After a nice pancake brunch we packed up to check out of the site and headed over to Pelican Lake.

I threw one pole with PB in, then set up my other pole for the PB worm to drop shot. WHAM first strike immediately on that Orange PB worm. It gave up a good fight and I was able to land it. It was a decent one.

After that, we had about an hour of uneventful fishing with no strikes on the PB(our neighbors were bringing up some big'uns on garlic PB). Then I switched over to a Tan/Black spots PB worm and had a couple strikes but nothing hooked. Then, our canopy started to blow away since the wind was picking up so I had my pole in my left hand and holding down the canopy with my right hand and BAM a strike! I was able to set the hook with my left hand and my wife grabbed the canopy for me and I was able to land that other one.

Since our neighbors were having luck with garlic PB I switched over on my bait n' wait pole and got a hit. My wife managed to pull that one in, it was the smaller of the few.

Then, I moved over to one of the benches there near the middle of the lake with my Tan/Black PB worm and after about 10 casts I hooked up and this baby felt HUGE. It gave me one hell of a fight, peeling my drag and giving me a run for my money. I tired him out and my wife netted him. He as about 3 lbs! I didn't expect that big of a trout in that little pond. Overall, we ended the weekend nicely! That was my first time at Mojave Narrows but I definitely will return.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_9.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	46097

Name:	image_8.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	46098

Name:	image_5.jpg