Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ol' S.W.A.T. Guy Is Still Legal

What does SWAT stand for on this board?...salt water angling team?

Great report Danimal...
    DR

Way to go Danimal! You're picking up pretty much where you left off. Glad to hear you got on the right kind after such a long layoff. Can't ask for much better...good fishing with a couple of great guys. Looking forward to our next session together.

Don

PS - Awesome bean Mike!!!

Thanks for the report!
    Beautiful fish Dan, nice job!!

Nice day of catch'n there Dan.
    Good to see u on the sand again. Do you think Mike may have hook'd into a big Leopard shark? I didn't see any that day, but saw a lot of them(& even had a few bump into me) the week before you'll were there.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    I have yet to see a S W A T report that I don't like.

Congrats and thank you.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanx TB

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    Great report Danimal and as always, thank you for making the drive and showing me & Mike how it's done.

Those new Simms waders are freaking awesome, glad you treated yourself as you're one of the most generous humans I have had the pleasure of meeting and you deserve the best my friend!

Love the jacket, thanks again brother & I promise to do better on our next mission.... I need a legal damnit! Lol

Kelly
    Hey Kelly

It's always my pleasure to hook up with a surf angler of your caliber, experience and knowledge!

The 39" Halibut that you are holding in your avatar is exactly what I am shooting for ... some day I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Dan:

What a relief I needed this report and I think everyone needed this report A multi-species day and everyone (Hi Kelly Hi Mike) caught - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you my brother for your constant effort and "never give up" attitude - you scored for you (and for all of us on FNN).

The white with red gills soldier completed his mission just like you said he should down there. I guess he was training for the next day's attack up here on the day before

take care my friend and blessings,

Nick
    Hi Nick,

I had a great time fishing along side of you last weekend ..... and I really look forward to our next session. I had a blast!

PS ... Heads up ..... I now have a universal gate key!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Awesome write up Danimal.....

I miss your well written reports. Looks like great times were had by all on the sand. Thanks for putting in the extreme effort to write up so many details and the pics are great as well. Looks like you definitely made the right choice heading south.

Congrats on the multi species adventure and of course the legal flattie.

Well done sir!
    Hey Lt Bones,

I always appreciate your kind words and support Sir!

Thanx for chiming in on my fish report Brotha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pecci View Post
    Great report!

What is a "home guard?"
    Thanx Pecci,

In my brief experience in kayak fishing, the members on the yak site would refer to the 30+ lb class Yellow Tail; that usually stay and grow big in the area, as "Home Guard". Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rippee View Post
    Dan,

Awesome fishing with you and Kelly as always! Thanks for the quality report, laughs, and camaraderie! It was nice to feel a fish tugging on my line again. I am still thinking about the one that got away, would like to know what it was burning up my reel.

Mike...
    Hey Mike,

It was also my pleasure and honor to enjoy your company as well Sir!

I guessing that what you had on your line was a 30+ lb class Yellow Tail by it's speed and strength when it tried to spool you!
    I hope that opening day of the season was a success in the Sierras for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rippee View Post
    Our turns next time brother!
    I support you on this ... all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post

Dan,

It sure was good to hear from you today! Congratulations on the big Hali. Looks to me like the three of you had a stellar day!

Thanks for the text and I hope to see the beach again real soon.
    Hi ya Brotha Terry,

It's always a pleasure when I hear from you my friend! When the bite begins .... get ready!
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-26-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenfish View Post
    SALT WATER ASSAULT TEAM is my favorite but yours is good too Frankenfish!

Here are a couple more....

Salt Water Attack Team
    Sand Waves Attack Team
    Sand Water All Terrain
    Special Weapons And Tactics (I call my rod a weapon)...LOL

There are seriously a lot of meanings to the acronym but it all means "Good Friends"

--------------<())))))><
    Last edited by bones; 04-26-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Way to go Danimal! You're picking up pretty much where you left off. Glad to hear you got on the right kind after such a long layoff. Can't ask for much better...good fishing with a couple of great guys. Looking forward to our next session together.

Don

PS - Awesome bean Mike!!!

Hey Brotha Don,

Thanx for the encouragement and I definitely look forward to our next session also!
    You are an inspiration to fish along side!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenfish View Post
    Hi ya Frankenfish,

I really like your take on the SWAT acronym ........ I personally lean towards .... "Salt Water Assault Team".
    Bottom line .... we are just people that love to fish, we like to also share our hard earned knowledge with every one on FNN or with whom ever we encounter during our sessions in the salt. We like to refer to it as ..... "Paying it Forward"!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Great report Danimal...
    DR
    Hey there Martin,

As always Sir ... thanx for chiming-in and for your continuous support to every one on FNN.

Quote Originally Posted by xjchad View Post
    Thanks for the report!
    Beautiful fish Dan, nice job!!
    Hey there xjchad,

Thanx for checking out my fish report and for taking the time to respond to it too! It's much appreciated Sir!
    Thank you for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Homefish View Post
    Nice day of catch'n there Dan.
    Good to see u on the sand again. Do you think Mike may have hook'd into a big Leopard shark? I didn't see any that day, but saw a lot of them(& even had a few bump into me) the week before you'll were there.
    Hi Homefish,

It's always great to run into my fellow FNN'ers .... any time! We are a huge, spread out surf fishing family.

You have a great memory Jim..... you told me that you remembered meeting me back at the HG-6 event last year at Will Rogers Beach and you still recognized me almost (8) eight months later. Thank you for that!

I wish you many tight lines this season and I hope to see you on the sand some day soon again!

Great report. Thanks!

Default Legal

Congrats. You dood it again !!!
    Skills is what it is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast