Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ol' S.W.A.T. Guy Is Still Legal

Default The Ol' S.W.A.T. Guy Is Still Legal

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sun Rise: 0615 hrs, Sun Set: 1924 hrs
    Air: cool to mild 61 - 68 deg, Water Temp: 59 deg, Sky: AM cloudy with late morn clearing, Wind: 2 - 5 MPH off shore
    Predicted Surf: 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 1.3 ft , Sec Intervals: 13
    Moon Phase: New Moon.
    Conditions: Early morning slight off shore breeze with an incoming tide, the water was mostly clean and clear with barely any salad or grass, 98% clean retrievals ... Thank you Poseidon!
    Tides: 0545 hrs ICT 2.1 ft, 0700 hrs 3.9 ft, 0800 hrs 5.2 ft, 0900 hrs 6.0 ft, 0945 hrs HT 6.2 ft, 1100 hrs OGT 6.2 ft.
    Isolunar Forecast: Minor Period: 0617 hrs till 0747 hrs.
    Bait Presence: some presence. Bird Presence: scarce. Water Dogs: none
    Session Duration: 0545 hrs to 0930 hrs.
    Assault Tactic: LC 110 White w/ red painted gill plates, 2X #6 throat and belly treble hooks and a red #5 treble stinger hook.
    AO: Classified

I had the honor to hook up with a couple of very seasoned buddies of mine today; Kelly aka:Remington and Mike, what a great day we had filled with spills, thrills, tugs and good times! We all had our skunk busters landed early in the morning, ... heck ... Mike and Kelly even had a double hook up! It don't get any better that!

About mid morning, Mike stepped into this one sweet spot and his rod absolutely bent-in-half as line ripped-off his reel, Mike said that it was heavy (had shoulders) as it made power runs to the left and then back to the right, and next it headed straight out to Catalina; eventually breaking-off and swimming as a free fish to fight another day! We were all guessing that it had to be a "Home-guard" (but the fish was never seen). I'd get out of bed everyday to have a tug like that!!

Thank you for the invitation and the opportunity to hook up with another legal Halibut. You guys put me in the right place at the right moment on the right beach to meet the right fish!
    I look forward to many more sessions with the two of you in the near future!

Today's fish count:

Mike's fish count:
    (1) YFC
    (1) 22" Corbina (hooked in mouth)

Remington's fish count:
    (1) YFC

SP Dan's:
    (1) Short Sand Bass 12"
    (1) Legal Calico Bass 16.5" (no Pic)
    (2) BSP (dink sized, no pic's)
    (1) Short Halibut 16.5"
    (1) Legal Halibut 24.50"

Short Turd Roller

The long time waited for reward ......Thank you Poseidon! That's Mike fishing behind me in the back ground. This guy definitely has got some chompers!

The measure

And one more short Hali before stepping out of the hole.

Thank you for taking the time to check out my fishing report.

PS ... hooks were removed quickly and all fish were handled carefully and CPR'd.

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.

I have yet to see a S W A T report that I don't like.

Congrats and thank you.

TRAIL BLAZER

Great report Danimal and as always, thank you for making the drive and showing me & Mike how it's done.

Those new Simms waders are freaking awesome, glad you treated yourself as you're one of the most generous humans I have had the pleasure of meeting and you deserve the best my friend!

Love the jacket, thanks again brother & I promise to do better on our next mission.... I need a legal damnit! Lol

Kelly

Hi Dan:

What a relief I needed this report and I think everyone needed this report A multi-species day and everyone (Hi Kelly Hi Mike) caught - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you my brother for your constant effort and "never give up" attitude - you scored for you (and for all of us on FNN).

The white with red gills soldier completed his mission just like you said he should down there. I guess he was training for the next day's attack up here on the day before

take care my friend and blessings,

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 04-20-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Wow taking names slaying the fish! Loved the report! An woah 24.5 inch Hali? Christ thats a monster lol

Awesome write up Danimal.....

I miss your well written reports. Looks like great times were had by all on the sand. Thanks for putting in the extreme effort to write up so many details and the pics are great as well. Looks like you definitely made the right choice heading south.

Congrats on the multi species adventure and of course the legal flattie.

Well done sir!

Great report!

What is a "home guard?"

Dan,

Awesome fishing with you and Kelly as always! Thanks for the quality report, laughs, and camaraderie! It was nice to feel a fish tugging on my line again. I am still thinking about the one that got away, would like to know what it was burning up my reel.

Mike...

Our turns next time brother!

Dan,

It sure was good to hear from you today! Congratulations on the big Hali. Looks to me like the three of you had a stellar day!

Thanks for the text and I hope to see the beach again real soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast