Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 and Skinner kicked my ***

Default 4/17 and Skinner kicked my ***

Decided to mix things up and hit an evening bite. Went right to spot #1 and casted around for a while for nada. Hard to cast without birdsnesting in the wind. Took off on a recon troll and never spotted anything worth noting. Windy enough the whole time to get some white caps going. Finally around 6:15 the wind slowed enough to hit the inlet. Fished the entire inlet area for 1/2 an hour or more. NADA! Back to the dock beaten by the wind and by Mr. Stripey.

Had a nice little visit in the parking lot with Shannon and was being introduced to an FNN'er as I was disconnecting my HDS8. I walked over, shook his hand and absentmindedly set my fishfinder down on his deck. Had dinner waiting at home and took off. When I got home I checked my voicemail and had a message from Shannon letting me know what I had done. The only bright spot of the day was that she insisted on dropping it by my house on her way home. She wouldn't take no for an answer. People like her are hard to come by. My wife set her up with a mixed bag of homemade cookies.

So other than a good deed and meeting a nice guy (Kelly) I had my butt whooped. Think I'll stick with morning sessions for a while.

You were bless,d !

A hds 8 is NOT a cheap unit,,you SLAYDuM In my book.

Kelly and shannon I salute you!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 04-18-2015 at 08:22 PM.

I agree with TB Pat. You were blessed by honesty. Kudos to you Kelly. Shannon is a really good person, that was very kind of her to drop that off to you...

I was there for most of the day and was shocked to see your truck/trailer in the parking lot when I was leaving.

There were 12 boats at the inlet and bouy line most of the morning.

I too was recently introduced to Kelly by Shannon. The guy is super nice with a ton of knowledge and obviously a stand up guy.

Awesome Shannon brought it by but let's be honest, all she can talk about is your wife's amazing cookies. I brought her some avocados last time I was at the lake and she started telling me who brings what. She must have told me three time or more about how amazing your wife's cookies are.

I'm going to the lake on Monday, hope to see you out there Pat.

Why is it that I've waited in line at dark 30 with Pat drinking coffee and never tasted one of these soon to be world famous cookies?

I was wondering the same thing Dale........

Haha guys. It's because at 5:30 in the AM the last thing I'm thinking about is food. However, I showed this thread to Kathy and she will be setting me up for the next outing. I'll be handing out cookies to anyone who wants them.

wheres my cookies pat..........gary will take some too..............

Can you bring the cookies to me when I'm at the buoy line.

Sheesh! Free homemade cookies AND hand delivery? What's this lake coming to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast