Decided to mix things up and hit an evening bite. Went right to spot #1 and casted around for a while for nada. Hard to cast without birdsnesting in the wind. Took off on a recon troll and never spotted anything worth noting. Windy enough the whole time to get some white caps going. Finally around 6:15 the wind slowed enough to hit the inlet. Fished the entire inlet area for 1/2 an hour or more. NADA! Back to the dock beaten by the wind and by Mr. Stripey.

Had a nice little visit in the parking lot with Shannon and was being introduced to an FNN'er as I was disconnecting my HDS8. I walked over, shook his hand and absentmindedly set my fishfinder down on his deck. Had dinner waiting at home and took off. When I got home I checked my voicemail and had a message from Shannon letting me know what I had done. The only bright spot of the day was that she insisted on dropping it by my house on her way home. She wouldn't take no for an answer. People like her are hard to come by. My wife set her up with a mixed bag of homemade cookies.

So other than a good deed and meeting a nice guy (Kelly) I had my butt whooped. Think I'll stick with morning sessions for a while.