Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 150 years ago.

Default 150 years ago.

Unless no has noticed and nothing in the news 150 years ago Lincoln was assassinated. One of my most prized possessions is this newspaper front page of his assassination passed down in my family to me. I also have several newspapers with Kennedy's assassination.

My daughter's high school commemorated Lincoln on Wednesday.

http://patch.com/california/eagleroc...braham-lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Unless no has noticed and nothing in the news 150 years ago Lincoln was assassinated. One of my most prized possessions is this newspaper front page of his assassination passed down in my family to me. I also have several newspapers with Kennedy's assassination.

c'mon now, Devore - we all know you actually delivered that edition...

you ever had it appraised?

That's cool I love stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    c'mon now, Devore - we all know you actually delivered that edition...

you ever had it appraised?
    I actually have close to more invested in the conservation treatment of the paper itself and the framing, glass and matting than what the newspaper is worth. It had been folded and kept in an envelope for all of those years and shows folds and wear from being folded and unfolded. The conservation treatment was to prevent any further degradation of the newspaper and special museum glass and acid free matting. The newspaper by itself is worth around $500-700 in it's present condition. While it is certainly collectible Lincoln's assassination was a big deal and many newspapers were saved just like the assassination of JKF bringing down the value as a collectible.