Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The Rolling Stones

Default The Rolling Stones

My all time favorite band from the 60's was the Rolling Stones I loved all their songs but the one that is a real classic for me was, You Can't Always Get What You want. 1969. What do ya think about them or are ya to young to care.

when I was a tad younger I really like a song called "Undercover of the Night" and was shocked to learn is was a band my parents had listened to. Been a 'Stones fan ever since. Saw 'em in '94 in Pasadena (the Red-Hot Chili Peppers opened for them.) They must have been pushing 60 by that time, but still put on the best show I've ever seen. I think it's time for my generation to start thinking about what kind of world we're gonna leave behind for Keith Richards to inhabit.

if I had only one album on a deserted island, it'd probably be Exile on Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    when I was a tad younger I really like a song called "Hell Hole" and was shocked to learn is was a band my parents had listened to. Been a 'Tap fan ever since. Saw 'em in '82 in Memphis (the Fame Throwers opened for them.) They must have been pushing 40 by that time, but still put on the best show I've ever seen. I think it's time for my generation to start thinking about what kind of world we're gonna leave behind for David St. Hubbins to inhabit.

if I had only one album on a deserted island, it'd probably be Smell the Glove.
    fixed that for ya

Never missed a tour since 1969 at the forum-stones,bbking,ike and tina turner and jimmy reed.the 1972 nicaurage earthquake benifit concert was great

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    fixed that for ya
    you're a naughty one, Saucy Jack

So many great tunes, especially the early stuff...Amanda Jones, Ride on Baby...I could go on and on...

Obviously a band that was out of my generation, so I wasn't exposed to them aside from what you catch on the radio. But, if you can be 98 years old and still be wailing on stage, mad respect.

(I just hope Tool can have the longevity that the Stones have had. I wanna see Carey banging on them drums while his Geritol kicks in, and have Maynard shout out AARP before every set)