Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One last moment of silence in that place we all know and love called "DVL"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Where are they gonna get the water from? Or are they pouring more cement and extending the launch ramp?
    I don't know...This is what the lady at the top of lake management at the MWD told my friend Larry.... Apparently a long closure is not in the works even if drought continues. I don't know any details.

Well gang if the lake drops 44 feet as specified by the marina staff that would push the water line to about 200 feet west of the attenuator. I guess if a guy had a tractor, a winch, and some of those "monster truck" tires launching could very well be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    she always treated me good rod. now lets all go to silverwood...................lol............
    Take that back!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Take that back!
    Yeah! Everyone knows all the big stripers are at Skinner and Perris! And the trout ate all the greencarps at the Wood!

Gonna miss running all around that lake like a bat out of hell. Now I'm going to have to walk like a mad man. Time to get some snake boots!

Truly a loss.
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 04-21-2015 at 07:35 AM.

I was number 197 to have a MWD Sticker at the very first lake boat registration and inspection. I even have kept proudly the little blue box and lanyard that was given to me that day. That was many moons ago but will never be missed. THIS LAKE WILL SURVIVE and PROSPER AGAIN!!!

Dsrt Tortise

And to think enough runoff water in this state to have prevented these kind of closures but the kangaroo rats and beetles are still safe. It must be a plot to overthrow the quagga mussels....LOL Sorry just ranting since this is the 2nd time in less than 10yrs. Ten years is long enough to have at least started some flood control or dams to help capture the wasted runoff which would generate some jobs but keep getting shut down by the environmentalists. But I always look at the bright side, we don't have any Asian carp "yet"....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    And to think enough runoff water in this state to have prevented these kind of closures but the kangaroo rats and beetles are still safe. It must be a plot to overthrow the quagga mussels....LOL Sorry just ranting since this is the 2nd time in less than 10yrs. Ten years is long enough to have at least started some flood control or dams to help capture the wasted runoff which would generate some jobs but keep getting shut down by the environmentalists. But I always look at the bright side, we don't have any Asian carp "yet"....LOL
    And we need a Bullet Train like we need a hole in our heads!

Yah, the quagga mussle is getting the short end of the stick in this drought. We need more water in dvl to allow them to puliferate. Thats my argument to sacraMento...lol

More reservoirs and desalination plants!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast