Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One last moment of silence in that place we all know and love called "DVL"

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I thought they had the ramp extension but needed to wait till it got down further to implement. Is this the reason she may be open again in November?

Oh and stay the hell away from Silverwood! I hear Skinner is a much better lake.
    They do in fact have already poured ramp slabs ready to go behind the marina store. They can't add them until the water is below the point of excavation for each slab they add. As for a November opening? I think it's wishful thinking as it all depends on rainfall and snowpack. If this drought continues into the next couple of years the entire east end could end up hi and dry. It will take years to fill the lake but at least the ramp being longer will make the opening a little sooner. But if we don't get rain, DVL won't be the only lakes to shut down and the damage to the fisheries will be extensive...

Im at a dog park right now.
    If I had a foaty , I would poor some out for a fallen comrad.

Had a great time there glad I was able to fish it with family and friends. Rod cya in town man...

You guys can say goodbye to it but I'm still gonna fish it. It's not like it's closing so......

F*** that place! Haha . Everybody calm down just kidding!

Guys since i started this thread may i add a poem:

"Dvl was great...If it ever reopens to privates who volunteers to be my first mate....
    It had stripers and bass.....and an occasional jackass(like the guy mugged in the shack)..
    A november opening would be splendid, but that lake drops any lower that ramp walk will make one winded...
    In the meantime we will all disperse and lets hope this water situation doesnt get worse..
    So for now good bye to Stan, the entire lake staff, and lets hope a grand rereopening is in the master plan
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-16-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Guys since i started...
    Haiku or limerick, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Can it be in form of a haiku? It can? Awesome.
    No launch at the Jewel?
    Perris can't be far behind
    Spotted Bass rejoice

I hope and pray the low water situation at perris doesnt negatively effect the spotted bass population over there. Having dvl close stinks, but if i cant get my "spot" fix in im screwed. I guess ive slways get corvina and sargo at the Salton Sea as a fall back

she always treated me good rod. now lets all go to silverwood...................lol............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast