Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Back from kern river

Default Back from kern river

Came back late Saturday night, was an awesome trip,very nice weather,water flow was not too bad was low but was very fishable between me, my dad and my son caught 12 trout kept 5, my kid did get a brown (red doted ), and caught and released bunch of sucker fish, but the fight was worthed, my son also caught a fish that was almost 5 lbs I guess locals call it a scqua fish? and told my son to don't release it back I guess it eats all the trout and eggs so he left it on the shore for the racoons ,over all we had a great time, by the way trout we caught were all full tail and fin didn't look like a stockers I couldn't post the pics, I'll have my kid do it.

Default Kern River

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    Came back late Saturday night, was an awesome trip,very nice weather,water flow was not too bad was low but was very fishable between me, my dad and my son caught 12 trout kept 5, my kid did get a brown (red doted ), and caught and released bunch of sucker fish, but the fight was worthed, my son also caught a fish that was almost 5 lbs I guess locals call it a scqua fish? and told my son to don't release it back I guess it eats all the trout and eggs so he left it on the shore for the racoons ,over all we had a great time, by the way trout we caught were all full tail and fin didn't look like a stockers I couldn't post the pics, I'll have my kid do it.
    Sounds like a great trip, what area did you go to?
    How far from the golden trout areas?

we start it from camp #2 to the bridge,no goldens there but my son did get a brown

Sounds like a great time, thanks for the report....gotta get up there again soon.

TD