Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The drought !

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Don't know how anybody could argue with that loglic, logically.
    Just scroll up Seal!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Which one?
    Funny as hell! I saw LQ's avatar and thought it was you. So thanks for the post LQ!

Sorry for the confusion Hawgz, damn Quagga's!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Just scroll up Seal!
    I'm staying out of this one! Hawgz is probably already pissed enough at me I don't want to push it, he knows where I fish.

Funny as hell! I saw LQ's avatar and thought it was you. So thanks for the post LQ!

You're welcome.

I figure it's time to switch back now. Heaven forbid I even accidentally make Hawgz appear intelligent......

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Yip that's I posted about on #43 April 24th. DR your late to the party and I am surprised as you are usually on top of your game.
    Those damn pesky wild & scenic rivers. When the heck will we be able to get rid of all of them and put some damn factories on there to make some jobs dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Those damn pesky wild & scenic rivers. When the heck will we be able to get rid of all of them and put some damn factories on there to make some jobs dammit!
    #damtheplanet #nostreamtoosmall

Hashbag #Deltasmeltmakegreatbait

So what's everybody's water bill looking like lately? Mine was $120, due to planting a large vegetable garden and reseeding my lawn with drought resistant fescue (have to water the hell out of it to get it to sprout and take root). It's okay though because 80 percent of my bill is going to agriculture in my garden, and water saving measures don't apply to agriculture, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    due to planting a large vegetable garden
    Let me guess - cucumbers, right?

No need to apologize, I was flattered the the LQ would wear my clothing in public.

The way I look at this seal? Had the eco nazis had their way, we would have no Dams and reservoirs. All our rivers would be dry or running at a trickle like they have untold times throughout Earth's history. Mother Nature had no sympathy for the salmon and Steelhead, well, perhaps that's why she made them anadromous. And she certainly didn't care about those pesky baitfish the Delta Smelt which she didn't even allow here until about 3-400 years ago. And the Delta would be just a giant salt marsh. But she must have sensed that the DFG was going to introduce another invasive apex predator to our waters so she guided said baitfish into the Delta to help fulfill the voracious feeding habits of said invasive apex predator. What she didn't foresee at the time was a certain bunch of dumb humans allowing it's population to increase to 40 million people without building the water storage capacity and power generation to support it. She saw her error and has tried to warn us several times in vain, but alas these certain dumb humans continue to put their collective heads in the sand and allow unchecked migration into our state and continue to block any reasonable water and power infrastructure to be built. And to add insult to injury, the certain dumb humans still want to tear down Dams and drain reservoirs, and spend billions building trains to nowhere.

All of us must conserve water, including agriculture. But judging by what I see and the typical "It's everyone elses problem but mine" so prevalent in Cali, if we don't get rain, and lots of it, we will come hell to pay and those certain dumb humans will reap what they sowed...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 05-06-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast