Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2 Weekends 2 Monsters

Default 2 Weekends 2 Monsters

Sat 4-4 fished san Clemente pier with a DS rig from 11am-4pm with only a small rockfish to show for it.

then on my way off the pier I desided to try to pick off one more little something just behind the surf. I felt a tick, then a pull and swung on what I knew was a halibut by the bite. Reeled it to the surface with little fight and when I looked over the rail expecting a pancake I was pleasantly surprised to see this guy flopping around the surface of the water.

sat 4/11 Had the family at the fire pits for a little spring bonfire action. I was nominated to get there early and hold the spot so I brough along my fishing pole and made the best of it. About 30 min after most of my family and our guests arrived I beached this.

i did have a larger model on earlier but it thrashed on the surface and broke my 20lb floro like it was nothing.

Two nice looking fish Bro.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

Congrats, Nice Halibut & Leopard Shark! What did u catch the shark with? I foul hooked 3 sharks last week with the LCFM110.

Bonito fillets

Hi ya twin22s,

Excellent sessions and some nice quality fish too! WTG!!

Congrat's on the legal 25" Halibut! I knew they were still out there ... it was just a matter of time and the lucky person that could find one!

Thanx for the fish report with pictures! Keep em comin'!

SP Dan ~~~ <"))>< ~~~