Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jess Ranch Kitty Hunting on 4-12

Default Jess Ranch Kitty Hunting on 4-12

Went hunting for Kitties today, caught 3 total all on mackerel.
    Caught this 16 LB 7 oz catfish around 3 pm.
    If you live in the High Desert this place has been good to me for Cats lately,
    I also caught a 12 lber two weeks ago.
    Can't wait for Catfish season this year!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	46084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	46082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	46083

Quote Originally Posted by dA KittY PuniSheR View Post
    Went hunting for Kitties today, caught 3 total all on mackerel.
    Caught this 16 LB 7 oz catfish around 3 pm.
    If you live in the High Desert this place has been good to me for Cats lately,
    I also caught a 12 lber two weeks ago.
    Can't wait for Catfish season this year!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	46084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	46082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	46083
    Nice fish!!!!! Which lake were you fishing???? Don't worry about giving up where you caught your big one. We caught a #15 lbs a couple of years back, they told us once we turned her in, they would release it where they saw fit!!!

The fish was caught on lake #3Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 1.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	46085
    There are a lot of big catfish at jess ranch. When i started fishing there in 2012 that was the last time they stocked catfish, but here's the secret.
    In 2012 if you caught any catfish over i believe was 8 LBS (I may be wrong on this weight) you had to release it back for breeding and they would give you a free fishing pass in return. Idk know how many years this rule was going on for? I seen a 18 lb and 15 lb caught there too. The 18 lb cat was when this rule was in effect, it was caught on lake #2 and released into lake #3 maybe because it was closer to the shack where it was weighed idk??
    p.s. i marked with a red arrow where i caught this fish and the 12 pounder two weeks ago, BOTH fish were RELEASED back into the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by dA KittY PuniSheR View Post
    The fish was caught on lake #3Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 1.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	46085
    There are a lot of big catfish at jess ranch. When i started fishing there in 2012 that was the last time they stocked catfish, but here's the secret.
    In 2012 if you caught any catfish over i believe was 8 LBS (I may be wrong on this weight) you had to release it back for breeding and they would give you a free fishing pass in return. Idk know how many years this rule was going on for? I seen a 18 lb and 15 lb caught there too. The 18 lb cat was when this rule was in effect, it was caught on lake #2 and released into lake #3 maybe because it was closer to the shack where it was weighed idk??
    p.s. i marked with a red arrow where i caught this fish and the 12 pounder two weeks ago, BOTH fish were RELEASED back into the lake.
    Thanks, I've got a little hot spot in that lake!!! lol