Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Newport Harbor week of 4/5/2015

1. Default Newport Harbor week of 4/5/2015

Hello everybody,

Fishing is looking good in Newport Harbor. Here are my catches from the previous week. This week I caught 3 halibut, 1 white seabass, 2 yellowfin croakers, and countless baby spotted bay bass and sand bass.

http://imgur.com/a/qbFnu

--Andrew

EDIT: I caught them mostly using a white curly tail grub. I caught a few on a fly rod that I borrowed from someone there, and others on my own flyrod using a pearl slyfly from H&H Fly fishing shop.
    Last edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDREW; 04-12-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Nice job getting your rod bent, But no pic of the WSB? what gives?

3. Default

http://i.imgur.com/fhaiInO.jpg

Sorry about that twins. In any case this is the best picture I got of him. He had some pretty sharp teeth, and between handling my flyrod, phone, and net, I couldn't get much of a picture. I tried grabbing him by the lip, but his thrashing actually cut my thumb a little so I left him in the net. For future reference, how am I supposed to handle these guys? Should I have held him tighter or something?

Those stocker sized WSB are tricky to handle and will tear you up if you try to lip them. Lip grippers are the best thing to use but if you don't have any keeping them in the net is the right call.

Great job. I haven't been. There for awhile. I need to hit it up again.

6. Default

Yeah I'm going to be hitting it up later this week for sure. Tides are lookin really nice for afternoon and evening fishing. Look forward to photos soon.

Hi ya AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDREW,

You've been busy fishing and I've been busy casting, beaching zero so far but really lovin the weather outside these days and of course the company of my good friends.

You've produced a very respectable variety of fish and some excellent fish counts for sure Sir. WTG!!

Thanx for the fish report with pictures!

SP Dan ~~~ <"))>< ~~~