Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Masters 2015

Default The Masters 2015

Today was The Masters Invitational and the question on everyone's mind was just who was going to take home the big prize today. Fishing had been very very good leading up to the event with a lot of the anglers that had qualified for the event catching big fish prior to the event. The night before the event everyone was talking there techniques and what they where going to do to try and win this prestigious event.

The night before the event all the contestants participated in the mini masters event held in the lagoon. This event is a ton of fun because it takes place in the lagoon with lagoon rules (one rod and three fish). The event is mainly an ice breaker but has some cash involved that is put up by Irvine Lake and its board of directors. Here are the results of the mini Masters.

Mini Masters Results!
    1.Fernando Diaz 1.25 Brown $250
    2.Ken Yu 1.20 Brown $175
    3.Manuel Cerda .70 Brown $75

Getting breakfast and paired up for the Masters. In qualifying for the Masters at the breakfast you have to make a decision of whether you want to be on a boat or fish from shore. Irvine Lake staff than pairs up randomly based upon your style of fishing. So it a absolutely fair tournament.

The boaters getting ready.

Jerry Aguilar checks in this 5.60lb Rainbow Trout earning him 4th place in todays tournament.

Jaime Robles checks in this 5.20lb Rainbow Trout earning himself 5th place in the Masters.

Fernando Diaz checks in this 3.10lb Steelhead of Santa Ana caught on a nightcrawler at the West Shore.

Mark Lansing checks in this 6.55lb Rainbow Trout earning himself 2nd place in todays tournament.

Big hats off to Roger's Cafe and Catering did a great job on the dinner, breakfast and lunch for the Masters Championship.

The taco plate was amazing!

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! INTRODUCING TO YOU YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RR
    2015 MASTERS CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!

Your 2015 Masters Champion Steve "Bugman" Duncan of Lake Elisnore wins the Masters Championship earning himself $1,000 cash from Irvine Lake, $357 side pot, the Masters Jacket, Masters Trophy, Diawa rod and Diawa Reel, custom bottle of Bite On, and the One year unlimited pass.

Steve "Bugman" Duncan of Lake Elisnore is pictured here with his 7.05lb Rainbow Trout he caught on the Chunkin Duncan Rig (double wacky rigged power worm) dipped in Bite On Garlic.

Masters Championship results!
    1.Steve Duncan 7.05
    2.Mark Lansang 6.55
    3.Bill Wright 6.35
    4.Jerry Aguilar 5.60
    5.Jaime Robles 5.20
    6.Rick Kizzee 4.85
    7.Dave Thomas 3.25
    8.Fernando Diaz 3.10
    9.Angel Hernandez 2.40
    10.Travis Guenther 2.20

Masters Top 3
    Steve Duncan 7.05
    Mark Lansang 6.55
    Bill Wright 6.35

On behalf of the Irvine Lake staff, the Irvine Lake Board of Directors, Daniela and myself I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Masters Qualifiers! You guys and gals are the reason we are able to run the Masters Tournament and without your support we would not be able to pull this off. Every year Daniela and myself strive to make these events bigger and better. Whether it be adding a blind bogie or mixing it up and bringing in Tailwalkers or Sierra Snows. You guys are the reason for all of this and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    I would also like to thank all of our sponsers. They are a huge reason we able to giveaway a ton of these great prizes. I would personally like to thank Bob Hoose, Chris Marso and Marlon Meade from Pure Fishing (Berkley, Abu Garcia,), Nate, Marc Mills and Pat Schlauch over at Shimano, Bryan Yamane and Kurt over at Diawa, all of the Team 57 guys and gals, and of course Eddie and Tony over at Angler Bros. I am sure I have left some people out without all of you none of this would be possible thank you.
    To the staff of Irvine Lake that put there hard work into all of this I can not say enough, my tackle shop staff for getting everyone in the gate and set up for the day, to my dock workers who get here super early to get the rentals ready and my night dock staff that get them cleaned and ready for the next day (Santiago, Matty, Jose, Christian you guys are awesome and get little notice), to my mechanic, the man I call McGiver, Johnny no matter what you are getting all the boats fixed and getting everything up and running you are truly a master at that stuff. Tina in events who always seems to come through for me in a bind.

And then there is Ms Daniela Gavaldon. A lot of you don't realize the blood, sweat and tears that myself and this lady have put into this business the past 8-10years. There are a ton of hoops we must jump through and meetings that we have to go to and sit through to get this all going and approved. There are the 10-16 hour days. The endless phone calls from the head honchos and each other. There is the scheduling and coordinating with sponsers in getting prizes here. Sometimes it means driving 100+miles the day before the event to pick them up. There are the coming in sick just to make sure everything is running smoothly. She is probably one of the hardest workers I have seen. Sometimes we fight like cats and dogs because we want this place to be the BEST lake in SO Cal. No matter what at the end of the day she is like a 2nd mother to me because she literally gave me my first chance and trust me it was a chance at being able to do all of this. So behalf of the staff and from me I would like to thank Ms Daniela Gavaldon for all her hard work this year and in years past. It does not go unappreciated by me and I know a lot of you have seen it as well.

And to leave it off! One more time you 2015 Mastes Champion!!!!

Congratulations Steve "Bugman" Duncan on your victory! You earned it big guy!

Tight lines FNN
    Jimmy
    Last edited by VineAssist; 04-12-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Great Job Steve. So pumped a Team 57 member won the gold.
    The most deserving champion ever.
    Great job on the event Jimmy & Daniela.
    You guys rock
    Hope 2 cya all soon

Thanks to jimmy Getty Daniella and all the staff and volunteers you put on a great weekend that I'll never forget you guys are the best thanks to all .congrats to my bro Steve Duncan Bugman !!

Had a great time at the Masters and as always the Daniela,Jimmy and the rest of the Vine staff really did a great job making this a special event! Team 57 was well represented in this tournament and our brotha Steve Duncan was victorious! So stoked for you bro. The fishing was tough for many but Steve figured it out! Proud of you Steve!!!

Way to bring it on home Steve, congrats to all that made the Master's cut....I'll be trying my hardest to join you next time around!

TD

Great weekend at The Vine,Thanks to all the staff at the lake for putting on a Great event from top to bottom!!

What an event!!
    First off thanks to Irvine Lake and all the staff that make this tournament possible.
    And congratulations to the winner Steve, very well deserved.
    I see you out there plenty so I know you put in the work to deserve it.
    As for myself, I managed to place third right at the minute of the mini masters.
    At the main event I got a blue gill , missed a couple and lost a fish that would have had placed me in the high
    end of the top 10. Not meant to happen this year its ok, I will be ready for next season qualifiers again.

See you at the Vine!!!