Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Parchers Resort Accepting Applications

Default Parchers Resort Accepting Applications

Howdy folks....

It looks like I'll have at least one spot available for a seasonal worker. The work involved is not glamorous and the pay is modest, but it's hard to beat the Eastern Sierra as your backyard in the summertime and fall. Daily work includes thorough cleaning of the rental cabins (complete with toilet scrubbing, bed making, dusting - the works), dish washing in the cafe, plant watering, rock moving, snow shoveling (maybe), store stocking, reservation making, trash disposing (including stinky fish guts), cashiering, general customer service and whatever else we need done on any given day. I'm all stocked up on applications from people who want to be "the maintenance guy", "the chef", the "manager" and plenty of semi-retired guys that just want to sit around all day and tell people how to fish - none of whom want to make beds, clean dishes or do the dirty work for 6 to 8 hours a day - if that's not your bag, this isn't the spot for you. I am the maintenance guy, cook, IT guy, marketing guy, manager and resident fishing guide among other things so those jobs are already filled...having said that, being handy, good in the kitchen, and/or loaded with hiking or fishing experience is certainly valuable stuff to bring to the table.

All applicants must be fluent in English, drug free, be able to lift 50lbs, and have references. Previous customer service experience, phone skills and computer skills including MS Office a plus.
    Our best employees over the years have been college kids or young people just out of college who have a real passion for the outdoors - whether that be hiking, fishing, backpacking, rock climbing, photography or all of those things. Having said that, age is not a major factor...but being physically able do the work and having a willingness to do whatever, whenever, and an appreciation for the Sierras is huge. Our customers love energetic people who are stoked to be here and you can't fake that....so it should be no surprise that we only hire people who are stoked on the Sierras.

We do have onsite employee housing for the right applicants.

Interested parties can submit their resumes via email to reservations@parchersresort.net with the subject line "2015 Employment" and send to my attention. If you or someone you know might be a good fit for this kind of work, send them our way. We already have our "summer only" help for the year, but we do have a few spots for people looking to work May 1 - Nov 1. For the right person, this is about as good as it gets when it comes to seasonal work.

Sierrally,
    Jared Smith
    GM Parchers Resort

Man I wish I didn't have a job or I'd be all over this. Nothing better than the eastern sierras!! Good luck Jared!!

Best of luck ... I know you'll attract somebody gr8t

How's the water level looking? Sabrina looks better than I thought they would ... and maybe better than last year.