Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Friday 4/10 - LMB and surprised by stripers

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    However, the jetskis and water tubers are starting to make an appearance, and that will only get worse as the weather warms up.
    I should have mentioned that the jetskiiers and tubers yesterday were great, and always gave me a wide berth. One was on a course to cross my lines while trolling, but didn't and swung away. Wish they all did that.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Thanks! I'm still learning how to interpret the images, but I can see that the shadows are very important fior determining depth. Though I'm not sure why there are only shadows on the right side and not the left. Does that mean that the school was directly underneath me and to the right-hand side only?
    open water to the left and bank on the right shadows are on the wall,,Thats my interp anyway,,,,,,,,No expert on S I but that's the wai I understand it,,,

Once again GREAT report

T/B
    Last edited by trail blazer; 04-11-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Excellent report, great catch as well...thanks for sharing the detailed 411

TD

shinbob, great report
    Which ff do you have, been thinking about upgrading to a side scan on my yak

Quote Originally Posted by IN2DEEP View Post
    shinbob, great report
    Which ff do you have, been thinking about upgrading to a side scan on my yak
    I just picked up a Humminbird 999. Was thinking about getting the new Lowrance Gen 3, but they are a chunk of change, and with the $200 rebate the bird was a much better deal. Plus I may get an iPilot Link in the future, which only works with Humminbirds.

If you are looking for a good, small FF for your yak, you should look at the new Humminbird Helix units. $500 for a model that has side scan and down scan, and cartography. Though how do you plan to mount the transducer? On my yak and portable FF, I suction-cup the transducer to the side. It points sideways, but it doesn't matter with sonar only. But with a side-scan transducer, you need to mount it so that it points fore and aft, and that could be tricky on a kayak.

I think I saw you ,were you in a crestliner .me and my pal cory were doing a video in a white jon-boat I wished cory would have brought his dr's it would have saved us from all the extra reeling ...we were seeing all the same things on his graphs .I like the big screens..........T/O..........

Thanks for the report and congrats on the catching!

It sounds like the boat is ship shape. I like that fishfinder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12