Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Kern River

Default Kern River

No reports from Kern river lately,want to take my dad and kids to try the Kern tomorrow haven't been up there for a year anybody had any luck up there, any info will be greatly appreciated

http://kernriverflyfishing.com/forum...pl?board=admin

lurk around, that link was to the fishing reports section

hope it helps TM, haven't been there in a few years myself.....looking forward to your report.....Gluck

Thanks for the tip will post when I get back,according to a dfg they stocked it last and this week, will see

Default Back from Kern

Came back late Saturday night, was an awesome trip,very nice weather,water flow was not too bad was low but was very fishable between me, my dad and my son caught 12 trout kept 5, my kid did get a brown 😧 (red doted ), and caught and released bunch of sucker fish, but the fight was worthed, my son also caught a fish that was almost 5 lbs I guess locals call it a scqua fish? and told my son to don't release it back I guess it eats all the trout and eggs so he left it on the shore for the racoons 😄,over all we had a great time, by the way trout we caught were all full tail and fin didn't look like a stockers I couldn't post the pics, I'll have my kid do it.