Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL 4/10/15 What a day

Default SARL 4/10/15 What a day

It's been quite a while since i posted a report but here is my recent one

Couldn't sleep last night thinking too much about which lake to fish! Irvine or SARL ?? went with my gut feeling and hopped on the 91 freeway
    in the water by 6:10 with no love at chris pond, moved spots to the big lake and that was the best decision i made, at first the lightnings were cruising the shore and not biting at all but i noticed that they would get spooked every time i would throw my jig at them or even get too close to shore,. Rigged up my rods with powerbait casted out 5 feet, took a few step backs & i can literally see them pick up my bait and run off with it pretty cool experience. Finished my day with 5 lightning all quality 2lbers!! pretty nice limiting out especially this late in the season
    All trout were caught on chartreuse powerbait and 5 feet away from shore
    Cant wait till catfish season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    It's been quite a while since i posted a report but here is my recent one

Couldn't sleep last night thinking too much about which lake to fish! Irvine or SARL ?? went with my gut feeling and hopped on the 91 freeway
    in the water by 6:10 with no love at chris pond, moved spots to the big lake and that was the best decision i made, at first the lightnings were cruising the shore and not biting at all but i noticed that they would get spooked every time i would throw my jig at them or even get too close to shore,. Rigged up my rods with powerbait casted out 5 feet, took a few step backs & i can literally see them pick up my bait and run off with it pretty cool experience. Finished my day with 5 lightning all quality 2lbers!! pretty nice limiting out especially this late in the season
    All trout were caught on chartreuse powerbait and 5 feet away from shore
    Cant wait till catfish season

Great catches!! Just getting to leave work and try to go for the evening session. What area of the big lake did you fish?

I fished the sandy beach! water is warming up so the trout are stressed and are hugging the shore
    cast out real close
    Good luck out there

I fished the sandy beach! water is warming up so the trout are stressed and are hugging the shore
    cast out real close
    Good luck out there
    Got here and within 5 min had a fish on. Lightning was jumping out of the water when reling it in the fish unhooked and I lost it. Damn! But I guess that's fishing. Lol

cast out real close
    Good luck out there
    interesting , that you said they are spooky and hugging the shore line , sounds like a predator is after them more then anything (cormorants , bass, Catfish etc ) more then likely option 1 , but with them being Yellow anything will be after them its shooting fish in a barrel and everything will key on them .. with the water warming the trout would move deeper ... Also good job on the fish , they look amazing
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 04-10-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Nice catch on the lightings T-Rex. I went there a week earlier and got the skunk. I could'nt really find those fish on that day for some reason. I decided to change over to bass fishing mode but after a few more weekly stocking of cats at sarl I will go back there for a shot at them for the first time. I think the trout will probably be around for a while longer but most likely out in deep water suspending in the middle of the water column making them hard to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyraptor View Post
    Got here and within 5 min had a fish on. Lightning was jumping out of the water when reling it in the fish unhooked and I lost it. Damn! But I guess that's fishing. Lol
    Hey thats the art of fishing lol! the one you lost is what keeps you fishing harder
    How did you end up doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Misfitdog View Post
    interesting , that you said they are spooky and hugging the shore line , sounds like a predator is after them more then anything (cormorants , bass, Catfish etc ) more then likely option 1 , but with them being Yellow anything will be after them its shooting fish in a barrel and everything will key on them .. with the water warming the trout would move deeper ... Also good job on the fish , they look amazing
    I did see plenty of cormorants behind them but besides that they were hugging the shoreline pretty good
    Thank you sucks that i have to wait till next season to catch a lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbite909 View Post
    Nice catch on the lightings T-Rex. I went there a week earlier and got the skunk. I could'nt really find those fish on that day for some reason. I decided to change over to bass fishing mode but after a few more weekly stocking of cats at sarl I will go back there for a shot at them for the first time. I think the trout will probably be around for a while longer but most likely out in deep water suspending in the middle of the water column making them hard to catch.
    It happens! This heat is keeping the bite slow and basically a hit or miss
    I hope catfish go in this week but i read that this is the last trout stocking. it'll be challenging to get them to bite anything