Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Our Nation's Forests?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post

You truly are a psychopath...
    Considering the source, that statement doesn't mean much.

I just go with the game son...
    Son?

Lol.

"A'ight, bro."

[

Did Steyer and Soros tell you that?
    Common sense and research told me that.
    Something most people with your beliefs don't seem to care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Common sense and research told me that.
    Something most people with your beliefs don't seem to care for.
    What are my beliefs? If you are a liberal, you have no common sense. And if you truly researched anything you would know that both parties have sold you out. One party, the democrats are 100% sold out. The repubs are about 50-50%...

What are my beliefs? If you are a liberal, you have no common sense. And if you truly researched anything you would know that both parties have sold you out. One party, the democrats are 100% sold out. The repubs are about 50-50%...
    Ah, the hubris of the intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Ah, the hubris of the intolerant.
    Ah, the hubris of a psychotic cyber stalker...

Ah, the hubris of a psychotic cyber stalker...
    If by stalking you mean pointing out whenever you make an asinine comment, then I'm the stalkiest around.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    As fisherman, hunters, naturists, we have been bequeathed Wildlife Refuges, Wilderness Areas, and National Forests. From Teddy Roosevelt, to Ronald Reagan, our government has realized that these areas need to be protected. But, here comes SA 838, which is an amendment that seemingly backs support so that states can now take over federal land.

Thank goodness it's impossible to sell National Parks, National Monuments and National Preserves, since they enjoy extraordinary legal protection, but it leaves the door open to sell National Forests, Wildlife Refuges and Wildernesses to the highest bidder.

Efforts to "reclaim" public land are backed by Special Interests like ALEC and Americans For Prosperity. ALEC's primary source for funds? ExxonMobil. Americans For Prosperity? Founded by Charles and David Koch, who as you know, have your best interest at heart. In true altruistic fashion, they're spinning the entire thing with the usual rally cry of "Bad Federal Government! Go States' Rights!," but when you peel back the layers, it appears to be a method for private corporations to buy our land that is used for fishing, hunting, etc. as a method land grab by private interests intent on resource exploitation.

Sportsmen are none too pleased.

I'm sure you're asking, "who voted in favor for this bill?"

What is wrong with the proposed bill? Private people/corporations owning land with a natural resource, or perceived one. Ducks Unlimited is a great example of private lands ownership compared to public lands ownership. Does Corona lakes abuse it's resource? Do you truly believe the Federal government manages that land efficiently? Before I go any farther, we need to have a basic understanding of economics.
    Do you believe the rightful owner of a resource is one who is willing to pay the highest price for that good/service/resource? Meaning, if you value your house at $300,000 and I value it at $500,000, the most efficient use of that house is for me to buy it at $500,000. Both parties should be happy and the outcome "efficient".
    Ducks Unlimited finds something of value, they pay equal or more than asking price and an efficient allocation of resources has commenced.
    What you value is "control"....not the resource, you want to be able to tell be what and when to do it. IF you valued these parks as much as the "Koch" brothers do, then you would pay the competing price, but your side, does not want to engage in efficient allocation of resources, you want the "value" but you do not want to pay the price associated with that value.
    Private parks tend to run better than Fed or state parks, because they have to compete..........take competition out of the equation.....and you get laziness....just like our current system.

I'm neither party and they're both 100% sold out. 50/50. Yea, you keep telling yourself that. All the way until the water your fishing on catches fire.
    To say that all liberals have no common sense is a condemnation of yourself. As in thinking only you're right.
    Oh , that's right. You're a righty. They're always right. Don't believe one, just ask him, he'll be MORE than happy to tell you ALL about it.

So just how much Guberment ownership of land is enough or too much.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast